New BlackVue Cloud Plans Announced Yesterday...

KANNINA 2.0

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900X-2CH, BV DR900X-2CH PLUS, VIOFO A129 Plus Duo

Is it enough, or too little, waaaay too late?!

While i like the cloud feature, i have no need to upgrade to a paid version the free one does just fine, the actual app could do with an overhaul, but it works for me.

The main thing I see is if you have 2 cameras (say to build a 4CH setup), the price drops from $20/mo to $7/mo. You can still always have two free accounts using two different email addresses if you don't mind logging in/out to check the different cams (ahem... lol), but at least now the price is a little more palatable. Not free like Thinkware's options, but Blackvue's cloud is better than theirs so hey.

You can still always have two free accounts using two different email addresses...

This is exactly what I do.

I don't care so much about the cloud or most of it's features. It's neat and all, but it's just fluff. I hardly ever use most of the features.

What I DO want is to be able to manage both my cams (setting, firmware updates, etc.) under ONE login without having to do the log-in, log-out dance. It's annoying.

I should be able to do that, and then pay them for their cloud services by how many cameras I WANT to cloud-enable and how much storage space I WANT to buy. The way they've chosen to implement their service is maddening, and frustrating for customers. I don't get why they don't see that.

So yeah, step in the right direction, but they didn't solve the MOST annoying problem for their customers.

Back