New cam advice please

A live update APP like the one i use of course need a larger user base to work, it is no good if it is just you are a few 100 others that use it, cuz then too fast or not you might be the first one there.

The UI of the APP i use look like this, zoomed out to be able to see some dots.
In normal operation it look just like a NAV app

You must either be a saint or extremely lucky, I'm 56 now so no boy racer but sometimes you drift off and do 40 in 30 or just creep over a bit, certainly on motorways nowadays must cars don't complain when doing 80, my son has recently been fined for 36 in a 30 and 79 on a motorway, sister-in-law camera caught at 34 in 30 not condoning it but it so easy to do unless you spend your time fixated on the speedo, which is worse because your not watching the road IMO. I like to have a voice to remind me just in case. What app do you use ? is it reliable ? does it only cover fixed cameras ? is it on iphone ?

I use "Here We Go" app. Offline. As data here is expensive. It's developed by Nokia for IOS and Android.

The APP i use are just a fraction of the 1 Gb/mo i use on the phone.

Just checked used 648 MB in April ( out of 20 GB ) AVG for this year appear to be around 500 MB /Mo :)
But most disturbing is the up to 3MB / Mo to facebook, a service i am of course not on as i am not that messed up between the ears.

OK still haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, been looking at some install vids and checking all the features etc which has thrown up more questions.
1. On some videos it states that the power should be plugged into the gps port while others say never plug in there and to use the main cam port for power. I understand the wiring part but again the mixed info is confusing.
2. When the parking mode is in use does the cam just keep recording continuously ? I just want the cam to record should something happen, I don't want hours of footage of nothing filling the sd card as well as the screen being on which if parked at night would fill the car with light and attract unwanted attention.
3. Has anyone who has fitted this cam ever had any trouble with it interfering with the DAB radio signal. Our current camera when I first fitted it rendered the DAB unusable until I worked out what was causing it and rerouted the cables to get the signal back.

The APP i use are just a fraction of the 1 Gb/mo i use on the phone.

Just checked used 648 MB in April ( out of 20 GB ) AVG for this year appear to be around 500 MB /Mo :)
But most disturbing is the up to 3MB / Mo to facebook, a service i am of course not on as i am not that messed up between the ears.
I don't have a contract - I know in this day and age it's strange but I am not a heavy user and don't get involved with social media so have no need. So I would need either free or a yearly sub app but from what I have read there aren't any apps that actually work for speed cameras.

Same here, extremely modest user compared to the junkies i see on the streets, and to be honest i only have the phone so my dear old sick mother can get in touch with me.
The cheapest plan here are around 6 pound's /Mo, i could easy make do with that one but i pay about double that and have wayyyyy more speech and data than i need.
But i have never been the kind of guy low-balling it, my 1 gbit internet connection here at home are also way overkill, and i could get a smaller connection here too, but the savings would be minimal.
Actually changing ISP from 160/60 to the 1000/60 mbit i have now actually saved me 1 USD on my monthly bill.

I had a similar issue myself - i went for the Viofo A129 for my car and i certainly would recommend it. Its much more cheaper than your budget, but exceeded my expectations, and i cant really see why id pay more for one that perhaps a tiny bit more better. They do other bundles, this one comes with a Micro SD card, however, if your dont need that they do cheaper bundles without the card. Just make sure your card is the same class needed otherwise the video quality will be awful!
View attachment 46174
I have now pulled the trigger and that is the exact one I went for with the addition of the 3 wire hardwire kit, it's coming tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

It depends how much footage you want to hold really - i upgraded to a 128GB Class 10 card - as bearing in mind your saving two lots of footage (One for the front camera, and one for the rear), The 64GB Should be fine nevertheless, but if you want more and have the budget id definitely go for a bigger card! If your after a bigger size theres loads on Amazon, just make sure its class 10/highest speed for the best quality!

Reference to the one i used:
View attachment 46178
To be honest am not really one for saving footage for the sake of it, we have just got a replacement car after our last one was written off by a rear end shunt from a numpty not looking at what he was doing. The car is used to commute 100 miles round trip 3 days a week and some other social driving in between, just want to be covered in case of more fools (plenty around). Would only save files on rare occasions I hope. Think I'll see how the 64GB goes for a while.

For 2 channel cameras i recommend a minimum of 128GB memory card, that will hold around 8 hours from each camera so 16 hours in total.
A other plus with a larger memory card is it take longer to fill up, and as they have a finite number of read / write cycles a larger memory card should last longer.

Back