New camera

JockoT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119 V3 Nextbase NBDVR512G
Yesterday my Viofo A119 V3 arrived and I had great fun learning the various options. What I did do last night was clean and dry the inside of the screen and stuck the Static pad in the appropriate position. When I came out this morning to attach the camera, prior to my first trip with it the Static pad was curled up and peeling off. Needless to say, I binned it and attached the camera direct to the inside of the screen.

One question. Is there Viofo software for viewing the files that also shows the route, as I had with the Nextbase?

Yes :

Another question. What is the best way to get a quality still from a video? Doing "prt sc" only gives an image as good as the screen resolution which, in my case, is rubbish. Is there any way to capture a still at the resolution set in the camera other than to take a still photo (not practical when driving)?

In Windows Play the video in VLC then pause it at the spot you want and then press shift + s which will capture the frame.

You can also setup the menu which will show a camera icon. When you press this it will save the image to a folder with a file name.
VLC - https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Cheers.

I'm lazy. Unless I need the map or data I just let my default Windows Media Player play it then hit the pause button when needed and do a 'prt scn' which I copy into plain old Windows Paint.

Thanks, LateralNW. Downloaded the software and that does the trick. Taking a Screen dump from Media player, or the like is only as good as the resolution of the screen. My laptop is 1366×768 therefore that is the best a screen dump could be, but the actual image is 2560 x 1440 and that is the resolution VLC gives me. I will continue to use VLC instead of Media Player for all images in future (paid my donation).
I know the image will look no better on my laptop but if I view it on the 4K TV I see it as it really is. It also allows you to zoom and crop without too much degradation of the image.

Back