New Compact Mount vs Swivel Mount vs Suction Mount

GregKet1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since I had all three mounts I thought people might like to see the differences in how they look holding a Panorama-G.

The first mount is the included Suction-Cup mount that has "pan and tilt" adjustment (left/right & up/down). The second mount is the included adhesive mount that has a ball-and-socket adjustment with "any direction" adjustment. The third is the new, compact mount that has the same "pan and tilt" adjustment as the suction cup.

The first set of photos is mounting them all in the location where the Suction Cup Mount can work on my car so you can see the difference in mounting heights of each mount.

Inside View - Suction Cup
InsideView-Suction.jpg

Inside View - Ball-n-Socket Notice that mounted in the same place, the Ball-n-Socket is a little longer than the suction.
InsideView-Swivel-1.jpg

Inside View - Compact It is shorter than both the Ball-n-Socket and the Suction Cup
InsideView-Compact-1.jpg

Now I've moved the two adhesive mounts up to where I would actually want them to hide the camera behind the mirror, both to hide it from outside viewers and to make it so it doesn't block my view below the mirror.

Inside View - Ball-n-Socket Better hidden but the mount is very visible above the mirror and the camera is still hanging below the mirror.
InsideView-Swivel-2.jpg

Inside View - Compact Ok, now we are talking! You can still see the mount but the camera is completely hidden. And the mount is where you never look anyway.
InsideView-Compact-2-2.jpg

And equally importantly I have more room between the camera and the back of the mirror
Upskirt Mirror view - Ball-n-Socket Notice how the camera is touching the mirror.
MirrorProx-Swivel.jpg

Upskirt Mirror View - Compact And with this I have almost an inch of clearance.
MirrorProx-Compact.jpg

And now for outside views.
Outside - Suction Cup Very noticeable because it is beside and below the mirror.
OutsideView-Suction-CPL.jpg

Outside - Ball-n-Socket Much more stealthy
OutsideView-Swivel-2-CPL.jpg

OutsideView-Swivel-2-Frnt-CPL.jpg

And finally, Outside View - Compact Mounted in its final configuration with black tape over the text on the camera. I love how it just blends with mirror.
First two are with Circular Polarizer on my camera so you can see.
OutsideView-Compact-2-Frnt-CPL-2.jpg

OutsideView-Compact-2-CPL.jpg

These two are without CPL so this is more like a normal viewer would see.
Camera?? What Camera??
OutsideView-Compact-2.jpg

OutsideView-Compact-2-Frnt-2.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, the new mount is VERY stable! Better than the Suction Cup and far better than the Swivel Mount. Just be careful when you attach it to your windshield that you get the mount parallel to your dash or your videos will always be "crooked" since there is no adjustment for "tilt", just Up/Down and Left/Right.

Last edited:
Thanks for your prompt response!
Now I have to decide if it's worth $30 to me to change my mount, given that it works well now.

Dave S.

Thanks for your prompt response!
Now I have to decide if it's worth $30 to me to change my mount, given that it works well now.

Dave S.

Happy to help, this is a specialty item that was hand made in a very small batch. They actually cost more than what we are selling them for.
solid aluminum, anodized black.
Test Sale/Community power user product

Back