New DVR007!!

metalman228

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, everyone, just got my new DVR007!

Arrived tonite. I am formatting the SD card now.

I will report findings as soon as i get it up and running.

At least it turns on and the screen looks great. :D

Well, I have set up and installed my 007 and i have to say I am rather pleased with it. The SD card formatted fine, though it did take about 20 min with the SD formatter program. The picture is clear, the battery stays charged, and there is no dropouts or shut-downs.

The only issue I have is that the video sort of slows down and then speeds up. Not choppy, but kind of like a record player that speed up and slows down while it plays. The audio is not affected and plays correctly. I have the unit set to 30FPS.

One thing i did find by using this cam' is that I curse something bad as i drive, lol!! :evil:
Sure would be embarrassing in court! :lol:

Attachments

• SP32-20130528-201132.jpg
    SP32-20130528-201132.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 709
If your turn signal is not being heard in the recorded audio, I say shut off audio recording. Sound recording on these is not very good in my opinion.

My camera does the stutter thing too (I have a 207). If you look real closely at other uploaded videos, you'll see it in them as well.

Yea, that how i noticed it, was during playback on my computer.

I don't think I would call it stuttering though, but that may be what everyone is calling it.
The video just slows down and then speeds up during playback, not quickly or jerky tho.
Maybe i should post a video segment....

Not a huge concern, it rocks' otherwise! :D

I have the new Dvd-207gs. I had the same problem with this, and another DVR. I switched to the windows media player and the video is smooth as you would expect. I also just plug the chip into my Galaxy tablet where it looks great. iTunes will play the files fine. You will have to use RealPlayer or another software to convert the file for iPad.

Thats interesting, because i am actually using an aftermarket media player, Jrivers media center, which is supposedly vastly superior to WMP. :eek:

I suppose I should try using WMP just for the heck of it and see what happens! :D

I have been driving in the dark the past few days going to work very early in the AM for some OT and am interested in how well the camera does in the dark, so I will try to view some footage tomorrow evening and post how it looks and how well it plays back with differing players.

I tried playing my card from my 207 back with VLC, and it looked kind of 'jumpy'. I switched to WMA and it was smooth. I guess the choice of player has an impact.

Yup, I guess i agree. I just played videos made on early this morning drives to work and it was still uneven playing back the video, so i tried WMP and wow, it is just perfect!

I guess i will leave the "audiophile" player for audio, lol

And the nighttime video is rather good. On real dark roads i can see as far as the headlight's will go, and near intersections it works well enough to see pretty much everything necessary that may be required for court. (it was a clear night, decent visibility and ceiling)

All in all I think the DVR-007 is an excellent bang for the buck. I have had no issues with recording quality, battery issues, SD card issues or shutting down unexpectedly. I wish everyone had the same good luck with their unit. :D

I am super happy with it. The only downfall is removing the unit everytime I park, but I have to do the same thing with my Alpine head unit to avoid theft.

Just put the 007 in my GMC Canyon so I'm still figuring it out a bit. What I note is that the accessory/ cigarette lighter electrical supply in my vehicle maintains power even when the vehicle is shut off. Therefore I assume that the camera will keep recording while the vehicle is parked - therefore I unplug the unit whenever I turn off the vehicle. Is there a way to overcome this with the motion detector - i.e. only records when motion is detected ?

Either keep unplugging it or get your lighter socket wired to accessory power, the motion detect function is not reliable

I actually have to turn off the unit each time i park the car. Once the cord fell out while driving and the camera kept recording, so yes, you gotta manually turn it off or it may keep recording till the battery dies

keeroc said:
Just put the 007 in my GMC Canyon so I'm still figuring it out a bit. What I note is that the accessory/ cigarette lighter electrical supply in my vehicle maintains power even when the vehicle is shut off. Therefore I assume that the camera will keep recording while the vehicle is parked - therefore I unplug the unit whenever I turn off the vehicle. Is there a way to overcome this with the motion detector - i.e. only records when motion is detected ?

As mentioned motion detection does not really work on these cameras but you could always hardwire it to a fuse that's on with ignition only. Not that difficult of a job to do.

metalman228 said:
I actually have to turn off the unit each time i park the car. Once the cord fell out while driving and the camera kept recording, so yes, you gotta manually turn it off or it may keep recording till the battery dies

after I unplug my unit it shuts down about 10 seconds later. I understand there is an internal battery inside but it doesn't seem to have or take a charge that would keep the unit running.

can someone please clarify what the internal battery situation is for this dash cam ? thanks

Well my cam' runs fine without the using the power cord, in fact i have used it inside my apt to make small movies of my stereo in my living room, lol :lol:

It seems hit or miss and the ones that have a bad battery have all sorts of issues.

So I unplug from my accessory power each time I park the car. The camera shuts down about 5 to 10 seconds later. I have left my unit turned off all of the time but when I power up my vehicle and plug the camera in it records. I have verified this. If I left the camera in the "on" condition then when I unplug from my accessory power the camera would keep recording until the internal battery runs down. It now seems that my internal battery works fine as I can take the camera out of the vehicle, turn it on and do all of the necessary menu operations etc without running out of power. everything is working great except sometimes when it is cloudy outside the video is a little dark. Any suggestions on what screen resolution setting is the best ? I understand the over/under exposure is not a function of resolution. that was a separate question.

Glad to see that you got your 'cam set up and working correctly now:)

That is exactly how mine turns on/off and being able to turn it on to make setting adjustments without being hooked up to the vehicle or a PC is great.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M DVR-XX7 0
D DVR-XX7 10
N DVR-XX7 13
Back