New Firmware and Viewer

JamesDee

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Lukas 7900 and UPS backup module
I just noticed, that Lukas has released a newer firmware version, and new viewer software.. (AC 31 ).
Haven't had a chance to try it yet, that will be done later today
Just make sure you download and install the new viewer, before doing the firmware upgrade.

Hello Lukas users,

New firmware and viewer for Lukas blackbox LK-7900 Ace have been released.

·Updates in this version

1.Displays distance traveled in mile when mile is selected

2.Added G-sensor data to driving information(available to check on Lukas viewer)

3.Added Real-time input voltage data to driving information(available to check on Lukas viewer)

※ Completely remove existing Lukas viewer from your PC and install new Lukas viewer linked below to enable the new functions after the firmware updates.

http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_viewer&wr_id=27&page=0

• Firmware Version: Ac31

• Blackbox Model: LK-7900 Ace

Last edited:
Successfully updated to AC31, with no issues.. I always seem to find that if I first format the SD in the camera, then format it again in the viewer before I install the new firmware, that always seems to work well.

the new firmware is no longer displayed when starting with you on the display?

No atleast not witn my LK-7500, it display a row of zeroes.

My LK 7900 ACE has always displayed the installed firmware version at startup.

Same here, but not after ac 31 firmware upgrade.

I assume next FW will fix this Little issue.
Dont bother me mutch as my Lukas still function 100%

I have a 7900 and it shows the version at boot. Did you copy all 3 files to the SD card before you updated?

yes i did, and i have desided to try updating the FW Again, dunno if that mean i will have to load a older FW first, but i will try ac31 first.

yes i did, and i have desided to try updating the FW Again, dunno if that mean i will have to load a older FW first, but i will try ac31 first.

Yep,my firmware AC31 displays on boot up, no issues there.. For some reason I always found installing new firmware, that you should format the SD card in the camera , not the viewer, as that seems to give more consistent results. And yes, make sure you copy and paste all 3 files onto your SD card.

Shouldn't have to. Once it goes to SD Failed I think it's going to load any image it finds on the SD card when you insert it. I don't believe it does any version checking.

My cam now display FW version, i did the same as 1 time i flashed it, and used the same SD Card formattted with viewer as first time. :confused: i assume it was the horribel rain today that did the trick.
Or maybe the fact that i was on my way to "tune doorbells" and "shake hands". ( look for a job the old fashioned way )

Back