New Firmware - v1.010 & App Update v2.87

I've done the same.
Look at the reviews in the last couple of days - almost all are one star complaints about adverts.

OMG! What a load of rubbish.

Paid a fortune for the cameras, now to be insulted with forced adds!!!

This is nothing short of outrageous. I’ll be removing my cams and selling them before the second hand prices plummet in a soon to be flooded market.

Bravo dev team. Hope you’re all patting yourselves on the back. Worst business strategy I’ve seen in quite a while.

my god the ads are terrible. 10-15 seconds of unskippable useless ads. Theyre all about blackvue or the cloud service, so they arent making money unless they think people will pay $10 a month to remove them
A business model any number of forums are adopting.. pay $$ to remove the adds.

Surely not when you have paid shedloads of money for their kit?

And not just one video.... every single time you try to do something...
Come guys be serious.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

A business model any number of forums are adopting.. pay $$ to remove the adds.

I can deal with forum ads because they arent obtrusive or prevent me from ignoring it and continuing.

The issue with Blackvue's method is that its 15 seconds EVERY damn time you want to view a video or go live. At first I was thinking that showing an ad once per session would be ok but then I thought of a scenario where I get an alert of an impact and I then attempt to view it, only to witness a 15 second ad. 15 seconds and a thief or a hit and run are already gone.

I paid $500 for the camera and $200 for the backup battery - primarily because I was drawn in by the decent to pretty good cloud service. Im guessing these things cost probably under a $100 to make for them. They have gotten way too greedy.

Class action?

I just purchased min a few months ago and I'm checking if I can return.

It's now unusable as live video option.

Looks like they have listened .... no more ads.
Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just recieved this email from Pittasoft since l have sent them a couple of "angry" email about the ads.
Great news!

Edison (BlackVue)

Jan 30, 18:37 PST

Dear Customer,
Good day from BlackVue.

Great news! Pittasoft decided to withdraw the App ads plan in order to actively reflect customers' feedback.

Please download the newest Blackvue App version to enjoy the feature again.

Thank you for your continued support.
Regards,

Edison

Great! I was super annoyed when ads started and then gets a message “live view is not available, Camera is in use” I posted a very bad review on Apple App Store. They must have received many complaints.

Every time the dash cam enter parking mode. It records “motion detected in parking mode” is it normal? I don’t remember this happening before FW upgrade.
f3534763cc4e1e1d45d4ff02e3b66ad8.jpg

Not for me. ;)

That's caused by something moving in the video. Does it 'see' you walking away from the car?

No. The parking mode is always activated around 4 minutes after I stop the car. And you cannot see anything on video.

Back