Reaction score
Country
United States
Just loaded this on my camera. Here are the new features and changes listed -

1. Add 720P resolution options
2. Add driving information
3. Optimization of online video playback rate
4. Add small size video

For #2, there is a new setting called "Driving Report" which I assume is related. No clue what it actually does yet though... For #4, not sure if that means video sizes will be smaller in general, or there is a new option for smaller file size/quality?

I think the small size video's quite useless. It's eating into the space available for the full-sized videos and there doesn't seem to be an option to switch it off.

Any one found how to disable this small size videos?

I think the small size video's quite useless. It's eating into the space available for the full-sized videos and there doesn't seem to be an option to switch it off.

Could you elaborate on this?
What does it actually do?

I hav version 0.8 still, I was presented the oppurtunity to OTA update to V.1.03, but I am a bit hesitant to do so..
Would love to hear other users' thoughts on this matter.

small size video refers to adding 2 new "EMR_S" and "MOVIE_S" folders with 640x480 copies of every video. They are about 10% of the file size of the full-resolution files in the "EMR" and "MOVIE" folders (which means they waste 10% of your microsd card).

I don't see their point. Perhaps the newer versions of the phone app use them for something?

I see, thanks.

Not worth to update for that..any other fetures that are?

Hi... can i ask if your Yi is International Version or Chinese Version?... coz mine is Chinese version converted it to English... and i updated thru App... mine now is V-1.03.026-US but i have a problem connecting thru App.
V-1.03.026-US

Back