New G1W-C - Beginners Questions

fox

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-C
Hey everyone, I just got a G1W-C from Spy Tec via Amazon fulfillment. The firmware version is 2013.1112.18.

Some initial tests seem to be going pretty well. I do however, run into an issue with static in the sound sometimes. The video below is an example of this. Beware sound may be loud.

I stream music from my phone to a bluetooth adpator that I feel might be causing this noise, but I honestly have no idea.

So my questions are as follows:
  1. How can I further identify my G1W-C (I think there are other models / chipsets)?
  2. Would a firmware update solve the static sound issue?
  3. Any resources I should read?

Thanks for the help!

Record without blue tooth on.
Record on camera's battery power.
Record with another car charger.

And check when the static goes away.

I had a similar issue with one of my G1WH cams. Turned out it was not solidly mounted - tightened everything up and 'static' went away.

Did some test videos inside with a phone charger but still streamed music via bluetooth and had no static issues. So it seems like it may be a power issue, I'll try a different charger, and maybe a power bank to see if it's coming from my car.

Another beginner's question for the G1WC-

I bought the "C" version only because of heat-related issues with the battery models. I would like to have some recording time after parking. I have bunches of old worn out Nimh batteries around here that still hold a charge but deplete quickly. Rather than setting up a timer circuit I was thinking of using a bank of these in parallel with the 12V from my car to achieve some "power-off" recording time. I'm using the supplied cigarette-lighter power cord to feed the camera. Essentially the scenario would be similar to leaving the cam plugged in till the car battery went dead.

I'm not worried about the Nimh battery pack; I know how to handle them, but does anyone know if doing this on a regular basis will cause problems with the power converter or camera? My only camera at the moment so I don't want to risk bricking it.

Hey, do you guys know how to get rid of the AAAAAA stamp? I can't seem to get rid of mine (or change it!). I can just change the first letter, but can't move the cursor over to the next letter.

Hey, do you guys know how to get rid of the AAAAAA stamp? I can't seem to get rid of mine (or change it!). I can just change the first letter, but can't move the cursor over to the next letter.
You have to press ok and then move to next one and press ok to change that letter.
Once done, press ok again and move to next letter.

Got it! It was the "M" button that moves the cursor to the next one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S G1WX 2
S G1WX 15
L G1WX 2
N G1WX 61
MordyT G1WX 3
Back