? New INNOVV 2014 desing for Chinese market ?

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
As usually surfing trough some Chinese websites I came across interesting actioncam model that basically looks like Innovv product ( style, buttons positioning, front LED, 8pin mini/micro-usb, aluminium body, etc) and what's most interesting is that screenshot of the video says "INNOVV".
Not sure what's it all about, but I found it HERE. Price is twice as high, 158usd o_O ?!!
Maybe @RockThinking can comment ?

T2gKtyXF4XXXXXXXXX_!!1604738586.jpg

Installation.jpg

T2BolrXMlaXXXXXXXX_!!1604738586.jpg

T2fOBuXRpXXXXXXXXX_!!1604738586.jpg

T2wRXsXKNaXXXXXXXX_!!1604738586.jpg

T23sXsXMdaXXXXXXXX_!!1604738586.jpg

T28jRtXFBaXXXXXXXX_!!1604738586.jpg

Attachments

• T2fiRuXQFXXXXXXXXX_!!1604738586.jpg
    T2fiRuXQFXXXXXXXXX_!!1604738586.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
Yes the general shape sure look like the Innovv cameras, but then again they are allmost bare minimum design when it come to the number of buttons and so on.
The single Little LED still confuse me, its no good for recording in my eyes, but i guess its good enuff to locate a dropped thing on the ground.

This design seem to offer a stronger grip between the camera and the mounting bracket :)

By the looks of it clearly a step in the right direction :cool:

The prize you found allso seem a bit high to me, but maybe it can do 1080P @ 60 fps ( witch would be so nice ) and other nise Things.

Last edited:
As usually surfing trough some Chinese websites I came across interesting actioncam model that basically looks like Innovv product ( style, buttons positioning, front LED, 8pin mini/micro-usb, aluminium body, etc) and what's most interesting is that screenshot of the video says "INNOVV".
Not sure what's it all about, but I found it HERE. Price is twice as high, 158usd o_O ?!!
Maybe @RockThinking can comment ?
What you have found looks like the so-called #26 V2. It is probably produced by HETAI Digital Technology, but this is pure speculation on my part.
Much more important is that the firmware developer is the same person who wrote the #18, #26 and C1/C2 firmware.
Like with all the cameras produced by this company, I suspect there will be absolutely ZERO support for this camera. At the same time I can well imagine that the firmware is interchangeable with the C1/C2. Same camera, same USB cables, different case design and not associated with RockThinking. Most likely the developer took RockThinking's ideas and put the board in a different case.
The #26 V2 has been on sale on eBay for about two months for around $80. Do an eBay search for "#26 V2 1080p"

Last edited:
What you have found looks like the so-called #26 V2. It is probably produced by HETAI Digital Technology, but this is pure speculation on my part.
Much more important is that the firmware developer is the same person who wrote the #18, #26 and C1/C2 firmware.
Like with all the cameras produced by this company, I suspect there will be absolutely ZERO support for this camera. At the same time I can well imagine that the firmware is interchangeable with the C1/C2. Same camera, same USB cables, different case design and not associated with RockThinking. Most likely the developer took RockThinking's ideas and put the board in a different case.
The #26 V2 has been on sale on eBay for about two months for around $80. Do an eBay search for "#26 V2 1080p"

You right about 26 v2, but for me was confusing seeing "innovv" on the video screen shot. Probably they are just abusing Rock hard work on building up his brand name and typed "innovv" into video to attract buyers for their product.

In this case @RockThinking has to warn them not to confuse people.

The lens module may be different from C1/C2. it is reversed, len is in opposite side.
The casing is 2/3 less cost to produce and assembly. but probably can stuff with larger Lipo.

You right about 26 v2, but for me was confusing seeing "innovv" on the video screen shot. Probably they are just abusing Rock hard work on building up his brand name and typed "innovv" into video to attract buyers for their product.

In this case @RockThinking has to warn them not to confuse people.
I'm sure they are abusing RockThinking's hard work but they were most likely so superficial that they didn't even notice "Innovv" on the video. Ever since I bought my first #18 I have never trusted this company. They don't care a bit about their customers and that's a reason I steer well away from any of their products.

I'm sure they are abusing RockThinking's hard work but they were most likely so superficial that they didn't even notice "Innovv" on the video. Ever since I bought my first #18 I have never trusted this company. They don't care a bit about their customers and that's a reason I steer well away from any of their products.

Its kinda @jokiin said once @ some Chinese R&D meaning = Research & Duplicate ? ... and dont care about aftersales ( I would add this sentence from your words ) :)

Lens module..I meant the cmos pcb module.if you put 26v2 side by side with c1/c2.. you will see they are different.

I'm looking from outside. not pcb...
you have to put to camera oicture side by side and look at it from front.. Innovv is on left, 26v2 is on right..only way to have different location, the pcb must be different.

From what I understand is the 26 V2 is different than the Innovv...they may look similar but different firmware...

This is getting really strange. A listing by Top International Development Corp of China under the heading "What's In The Box" states it contains a Mobius camera?

Rippping other ppl off, or ther products / inventions is so dishonorable in my eyes.
But as my 1 and only friend say, i am born at least 500 years too late, and at least 500 km too far North.

Maybe Mobius now is a default name for a small camera, like some ppl call any tablet a ipad and any smartphone a iphone.

I just noticed the discussion, after reading; I would like to appreciate people’s trust and support!

Regarding the copied camera, I would like to tell the fact.
Everything inside of case is same as INNOVV C1. Nothing is different. They would sell it to local market.
Why they could do so, because I was not able to be the sole owner of PCB board, I did not have enough finical support to do so.

INNOVV and C1 has been launched almost half year, I’d like to take opportunity to share with people how the performance and feedback,

The sales is not going to what we expected, but people like it once they have it on hand because of its design and feeling, that strengthen me to keep INNOVV’s style and brand reputation, but on other hand, If I am not able to introduce INNOVV and the C1 to more people and increase the sales, we should get a big challenge.

The sales always is the key for INNOVV to survive and develop, below is the strategy, and I’d like to learn the advices from people, that help me to do even better.
1. Send free camera for more people’s review and testing on youtube and their website, blog, that would help to let more people know it.
2. Contact the resellers and distributors to see if they can introduce the C1 to their customers.

Regarding improvement, I have a list of collection for improvement base on people’s experience and feedback, but without enough finical support, I only can do it step by step, be sure I will do.

Whatever, it is a very hard but enjoyable experience in creating a brand and building its reputation from zero, I am happy I and INNOVV gain trust from a little group of people who know me on the forum, I hope that would be more.

I am an honest and frank person, I’d like to share the above “secret” and will keep doing so.

Have fun and enjoy!

ROCK THINKING

Back