New ITB-100HD with Player Problem Windows 7 x64

Re: New ITB-1000HD with Player Problem Windows 7 x64

I think the reason the --direct3d-hw-blending option causes the app to stop is that it's linked with an earlier version of VLC that doesn't yet have that option. I'm not sure if there's a history of downloadable VLC apps, but my advice would be to look for a version of VLC that was released around the time of the datestamp on the DLL's you have, and then you can see what option it is you need to get that version working.

Also, have you tried the --direct3d-hw-blending option on the newer player mentioned? I haven't downloaded them yet, it's possible they haven't updated their VLC dlls. I might have a crack at that on the weekend myself.

Another option is to try putting latest version of VLC DLL's in, this is probably unlikely to work but it's possible at least.

Cheers

Pev

I tried installing the 1.3.2 version of the player. No good.
It does not have the liboptions file but has a folder full of plug in files.

Still looking for a fix.

Fixed :D

I received my new video card today and after installing the new card the ITB player works just fine.
Except for one problem. It will not let me format the SD card.

Anyway, I replaced the Asus EAH6770 video card with a new Sapphire HD 7850. A bit more than I need for a video card. But it works great.
I wanted a card to run GPU work units for wcgrid.org and this card was recommended. And hopefully it will last a long time as well has help me render movies I want to post on youtube.

So it appears that the problem was caused by a bad video card. I have no idea why the card would run everything else just fine but not the ITB player. Maybe someone else can speculate as I would love to know why.

Does anyone else have a problem formatting their SD card with the ITB player?

Hi NVBob,

Good to hear the new video card solved the problem. Not sure on the reason. As for formatting the SD card, make sure the card is not locked. Sometimes that causes a problem. Otherwise it has always formatted fine for me.

Hi NVBob,

I don't have the ITB unit yet, but I have installed the associated PC Player.

Both the Normal format and Recovery format seemed to work with no error messages, on the SD card I plugged into my computer. The formats were invoked from the ITB PC Player.

However, when I opened the "Option" window from the PC Player and tried to change a setting (time zone, in my test, plus some others) and save it back to the SD card, I got the message "Fail to save the changed setting parameters to SD card." The little switch on the card was in the unlock position.

Are any other users able to save operating parameters back to the SD card?

(Using version 1.3.2 of the PC Player.)

Hi erewhon,

The problem is due to having a blank card after formatting. When you insert the blank card in the ITB-100HD, it will initialize the card and create a folder to save the settings. Once this is done, you can reinsert the SD-Card in your computer, change the settings and it will save properly.

Hi DashMan,

Thanks for the information on the SD card! I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I don't actually have an ITB-100HD yet.

I'm thinking of waiting for the new SP (Smart Plus) unit to become available. I have seen it offered at:

http://ohmyblackbox.com/index.php?id_pr ... &id_lang=1

...but would like for it to become available from vendors with more of a track record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi erewhon,

If there is no rush, perhaps wait for the ITB-100HD SP. I wouldn't buy from that site since it doesn't appear trustworthy. Perhaps wait until it gets on eBay, at least there is buyer protection.

Back