New Lukas LK-9750Duo Full HD front and BACK

Calgary Dash Camera - Robert

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukasdirect.com Street Guardian BulletHD Calgarydashcam.com
Lukas recently released a update to their popular LK-9700.
The Lukas LK-9750Duo's most notable upgrade is the improved rear view camera. The new rear view camera now packs a SONY IMX322 Image sensor. Capable of recording at 1920 X 1080 / 24FPS.

Please see below for raw sample video.

Front Daytime,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_RNahF9_r80ODZlN1NHa3lybWc/view?usp=sharing

Front Nighttime,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_RNahF9_r80dWRNQUpqWUZFODA/view?usp=sharing

Rear Daytime,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_RNahF9_r80dXNXNXlZQ2RDenM/view?usp=sharing

Rear Nighttime,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_RNahF9_r80ME5kUDktejdZUm8/view?usp=sharing

@CalgaryDashCam Thanks for posting video footage I have the LK9750 also and I am very pleased with the camera I have however problems with the player the playback is jerky and also stops and jumps in the lukas viewer also the mileage recorder is way out a 9 klm trip shows me doing 30 plus klm also my speed is not showing on playback Strangely the problem with jerky playback does not show in VLC player it runs smoothly .....Lukas are aware and are working on solving the problem ...............Ipol

again, thanks for the raw samples. if i'm honest, i still feel like there's something missing from lukas picture quality. it's obviously not the sensor. it's not the CPU since it's producing some high bitrates. i really do think it's a combination of lens quality and software encoding. it looks like it's trying to over-sharpen an image coming through a not-so-great lens. i've had to do the manual focus procedure on my current lukas camera and it still came nowhere as clean as my cheap, 3-year old mini 0801. i'm dissappointed i guess. i really want to like lukas because they're so reliable and have great features. the PQ just lets me down.

I agree with the picture quality. I started analysing things now....to present my argument to the dealer to have the cam replaced. I don't notice any difference in clarity in "highest" front video quality and "high" quality. I should also add that I was not able to see any license plate info in from most of the video while having cars pass me. Video was jerky where it mattered. I froze the image on the video in the viewer and zoomed in. The license plate details were not legible at all unless I was very very close to the vehicle or the vehicle was stationary. For police and insurance purposes, you wouldn't be able to prove the other vehicle has that license number. The cam settings are 30 fps.

While the Lukas dashcams look well made, their internal architecture is buggy at best. There are fewer (less serious) issues reported in much less expensive dashcams (with less features) than with most Lukas cams. As I posted in another thread, I am done in supporting Lukas. I will not buy any of their products again. If the cam continues to plague me with problems, I will file a dispute with my credit card company to get our money back. Hopefully, if enough people do the same, local credible distributors will shift gears and no longer carry Lukas products.

Last edited:
I agree with the picture quality. I started analysing things now....to present my argument to the dealer to have the cam replaced. I don't notice any difference in clarity in "highest" front video quality and "high" quality. I should also add that I was not able to see any license plate info in from most of the video while having cars pass me. Video was jerky where it mattered. I froze the image on the video in the viewer and zoomed in. The license plate details were not legible at all unless I was very very close to the vehicle or the vehicle was stationary. For police and insurance purposes, you wouldn't be able to prove the other vehicle has that license number. The cam settings are 30 fps.

While the Lukas dashcams look well made, their internal architecture is buggy at best. There are fewer (less serious) issues reported in much less expensive dashcams (with less features) than with most Lukas cams. As I posted in another thread, I am done in supporting Lukas. I will not buy any of their products again. If the cam continues to plague me with problems, I will file a dispute with my credit card company to get our money back. Hopefully, if enough people do the same, local credible distributors will shift gears and no longer carry Lukas products.
what would you suggest then? I the video samples and they really look oversaturated.

Back