New member: DR750S-2CH and Cellink NEO installed by a local professional shop

cfm56d7b

Reaction score
Country
United States
After researching all 2-channel dash cams, BlackVue DR750S-2Ch and Thinkware F800 were on top of my shopping. I decided to try BlackVue after reading about improvements of 750 model over 650 model. I am based in Los Angeles, USA area; looking forward to feedback from other users in the area who have more experience dealing with sun / glare conditions. My impression is entirely unscientific but technical support fro BlackVue appears to be less than perfect. I already sent one message with a reply yet.

Items installed:

- DR750S-2CH dash cam
- Cellink NEO battery
- 128 Gb SD card

First impressions:

- I tried to upgrade firmware for FOTA (via iPhone and WiFi connection) to the latest release from 1.001 to 1.003. The dash cam rebooted and GPS and record lights continued to blink but remained unresponsive. After researching this issue, another user reported the same problem: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/problem-with-firmware-update.31412/

- I drove back to the shop that installed the dash cam. Conclusion: rendered inoperable after FOTA firmware upgrade attempt. The shop gave me a new camera and suggested to upgrade firmware using only "computer method". Did anyone else have the same problem?

Next steps - all suggestions / tips greatly appreciated:

- Select frame rate. Some users reported better results with 30 fps vs 60 fps (same bit rate at 30fps?)
- Play with parking mode. My goals are very simple: impact detection / no need to record every car passing by
- Have the dash cam connect to Home WiFi upon entering the garage
- Optimize nigh mode recording
- Test license plate recording

Upgraded mine to 1.003 FOTA without a problem.

Back