New Mobius C2 owner general questions!

tommysport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20160309_195106_zpskxatleta.jpg

Hi guys,

So today I've received everything I need... I have the 'adhesive' mount with the ball joint.

I also have the helmet adhesive mount on the way in the post....

My question is, would I be silly to test fit it and get it up and running with the normal adhesive mount to then change it over in say a week's time when the other mount arrives? How hard are they to get off once on the windscreen? And could I use it again if I wanted too haha?

Might try and configure it tonight. Have printed off all instructions.

Am I right in thinking the SD card goes in the camera before you plug it into computer, and I can format it from there? It's a 32GB.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking the SD card goes in the camera before you plug it into computer, and I can format it from there? It's a 32GB.

Cheers!
Yes.

Insert card into Mobius before connecting camera to PC. In mSetup click on 'Tools' & a Format option will appear.

image.jpeg

Sweet, all looking good it's on charge now. msetup raring to go!

First things first do I go to 'tools' format SD card? I've never formatted a card before lol. It's a Sandisk one and I just read to avoid sandisk cards dammit.

Just ordered a Kingston 32GB class 4. Will use the sandisk in my phone. I'm just going to wait it out until my helmet mount arrives to get it working next week!

You're more patient than me. I don't think there's any danger in trying the Sandisk card. As far as I know there's no risk of damage to any item, just temporary corruption to the card?

Is there one of those nifty adapters with the Kingston card you bought?

215sor9afCL.jpg

Seems handy, though it would be great if that lanyard could attach directly to the micro SD card.

I am really itching to just get on with it and try it to be honest. The helmet mount could be up to a week longer.

There's no issue in swapping the SD card after a week is there to the Kingston?

And no, It din't come with one of those! It does come with an adapter though.

You know the standard adhesive mount, if I was to put it onto my windscreen... how easy do you think it will come off when I want to change it next week haha!

There are threads mentioning permanent corruption of SD cards, but I don't recall if they were about the Mobius or Sandisk. I'm pretty sure they weren't damaged within a week of use though.

You're more patient than me. I don't think there's any danger in trying the Sandisk card. As far as I know there's no risk of damage to any item, just temporary corruption to the card?

Is there one of those nifty adapters with the Kingston card you bought?

215sor9afCL.jpg

Seems handy, though it would be great if that lanyard could attach directly to the micro SD card.
Beware of those card readers. The one that came with my 8GB Kingston after a while started corrupting the files during transfer because it tends to develop a bad contact with the USB port due to the lack of the outside metal part.

Beware of those card readers. The one that came with my 8GB Kingston after a while started corrupting the files during transfer because it tends to develop a bad contact with the USB port due to the lack of the outside metal part.
Maybe the trick is to use it until there's bare metal exposed! (From a review on Amazon UK) :)

6189nrbRrkL._SL256_.jpg

20160313_200514.jpg

20160313_200523.jpg

No excuses now :) Helmet mount and kingston card turned up!

Right, software and setting all done.. cheers russ!

Am I right in thinking I need to cut the strap off the helmet mount lol.

Why did you buy a Class 4 card? :confused:

It's in the normal learning progression of 'what card should I avoid...'

He only has a few steps left. :)

Since I usually have 2 cams running almost 24 hours a day, it was very nice to finally reach the stage where I'm only buying a new card every 6 months or so. (Instead of monthly)

I'm confused - should I not have? I originally bought a sandisk class 10. Then I read the official mobius instructions...

20160313_223441.jpg

I thought I would just be safe by buying it seeing as that what it recommends, what are you guys suggesting?

Cheers

She's ready to roll! Just got to attach it now and work out the cable route lol.

20160313_215348.jpg

I'm confused - should I not have? I originally bought a sandisk class 10. Then I read the official mobius instructions...
I thought I would just be safe by buying it seeing as that what it recommends, what are you guys suggesting?

Cheers
You probably noticed already that those instructions are not up to date. I believe everyone these days is using Class 10 cards. With the average reading speed rate a Class 4 card has, it's a PITA to transfer anything above 3Gb. Unless you're not planning to transfer the files from the card...

Oh FFS! I will see how it goes. I will want clips from the car! I guess it will do it, just might take a while to copy them?

I'll just try my sandisk if it gets irritating then haha. Thanks.

20160313_223441.jpg

Cheers

I've been using Class 10 cards exclusively since day one with all my Mobius cams with narry a hiccup. SanDisk cards are problematic in dash cams however and can fail unexpectedly at any moment. On the other hand your new card should be just fine and should last quite awhile. Just keep an eye on it and perhaps try a Transcend or Kingston if you find one at a good price (Amazon is the place I recommend.) You might even put the SanDisk card away as a back-up and use a brand new one known to be more dash cam friendly. In any event don't worry about the class 4 vs class 10 business. That was more of an issue with early Mobius versions and firmwares.

Oh FFS! I will see how it goes. I will want clips from the car! I guess it will do it, just might take a while to copy them?

I'll just try my sandisk if it gets irritating then haha. Thanks.
A Class 4 card's minimum read speed is 4Mbps, a Class 10 is 10Mbps, but those are the minimum speeds. My Class 10 Kingston never goes below 14Mbps.
If you have some spare time or something else to do while the files are being transferred, you should be fine with a Class 4 card. :)

Back