New Mobius C2 owner general questions!

I will see how it goes. I will want clips from the car! I guess it will do it, just might take a while to copy them?
If you aren't copying across every file to back them up, you'll be fine. Don't worry about it. :cool:

She's in! And pretty stealthy if I say so myself.

20160314_132140_zps4u62hgww.jpg

20160314_132150_zpss87bawve.jpg

Got it under the rear seats with ease, didn't even know I could until I pushed it in!

20160314_131524_zpsff88eg7o.jpg

I wasn't really sure how close to mount it to the mirror, too close and the usb couldn't fit in. Also I was weary of the unit blocking any vision to the camera on the right hand side, so just went left enough to clear the mirror... hopefully wont get in the way or be any blue-ish film ! I will record my journey home and then view the footage later on... I hope!

20160314_131512_zpsypkc7iwl.jpg

Right chaps... it worked! What an excellent bit of kit.

This is what my recordings looked like. Someone even pulled out on me within 5 minutes.

You see that big clump on the right hand side, that's my main mirror mounting thing which is annoying. Do you guys think I should reposition my camera? At least I can see a great FOV.

1.jpg

Question time!

I'm sure I read somewhere that you can press the mode button to save a 3 minute section. EDIT: HERE!

20160314_195424.jpg

I did press the 'Mode' button while recording and nothing is showing up as protected or would I not know? It did however seem to change the picture to a more 'bluey' effect.

This is what my files look like:

2.jpg

Before I click the 'MODE' button, this is what the video looked like:

3.jpg

Then as soon as I touched it this has happened:

4.jpg

Everything has gone really blue.

And I don't think it's saved the file (how would I know this anyway?) thanks chaps!!

Tom

I believe the locked files only appear as such in Registrator Viewer.

I believe the locked files only appear as such in Registrator Viewer.

Sorry mate, I've not heard of that. Is that just some kind of file viewer software?

Is there any reason my video sort of changed the settings when I clicked the button...? As long as it did save the clip!

Cheers.

Sorry mate, I've not heard of that. Is that just some kind of file viewer software?
Registrator Viewer is an excellent Windows File Viewer / Editor. @kamkar1 recently provided this download link ...

https://yadi.sk/d/Hlbq4wBCkwkbH

Pressing the Mode button when recording under external power in loop-recording mode should not affect the image.

Last edited:
Right chaps... it worked! What an excellent bit of kit.

This is what my recordings looked like. Someone even pulled out on me within 5 minutes.

You see that big clump on the right hand side, that's my main mirror mounting thing which is annoying. Do you guys think I should reposition my camera? At least I can see a great FOV.

Question time!

I'm sure I read somewhere that you can press the mode button to save a 3 minute section. EDIT: HERE!

I did press the 'Mode' button while recording and nothing is showing up as protected or would I not know? It did however seem to change the picture to a more 'bluey' effect.

This is what my files look like:

2.jpg

Before I click the 'MODE' button, this is what the video looked like:

Everything has gone really blue.

And I don't think it's saved the file (how would I know this anyway?) thanks chaps!!

Tom
You don't need any extra software to show the locked files. Windows explorer is very good at showing a lot of additional info, but you need to configure it properly. I like to see the Length (in minutes), for example.
Right-click on any of your headings (Name, Date modified, Type, or size) and a selection window will appear. Select 'More...' and then check the 'Attributes' check-box. Your locked files will have the 'R' (Read-Only) attribute.
You can modify the file's attribute by right-clicking the file and then select 'Properties' and then modify the Read-only attribute.

Ah perfect thanks Isoprop.

It does indeed have the read only attribute box ticked. Excellent.

Over time then, as my saved clips of 3 minutes increase, am I right in thinking I can load my SD Card into the computer, and then either cut them out for good and save them somewhere else, or just right click on them and untick that box, meaning they return to normal files and will just get swallowed up in the next loop record.

Thanks guys. Hoping it hasn't adjusted the picture by pressing the button, I pressed it again tonight so will take a look at the footage tomorrow. Cheers!

Ah perfect thanks Isoprop.

It does indeed have the read only attribute box ticked. Excellent.

Over time then, as my saved clips of 3 minutes increase, am I right in thinking I can load my SD Card into the computer, and then either cut them out for good and save them somewhere else, or just right click on them and untick that box, meaning they return to normal files and will just get swallowed up in the next loop record.

Thanks guys. Hoping it hasn't adjusted the picture by pressing the button, I pressed it again tonight so will take a look at the footage tomorrow. Cheers!
Yes. Uncheck the read-only attribute and the file will become unprotected and will/can be deleted in the normal way.

Alternatively, Windows has options to force deletion of one or more read-only files from both command line (del /F or /P) and GUI (say "yes" or "yes to all").

Hi guys, thanks for the help.

I'm just reviewing some of my footage and files now and it seems the 'Read only' box is ticked for a large proportion of the videos. There's no way I've clicked to save that many. I'm talking 85% of all files are now read only.

Does anyone know what could have caused this? Maybe pressing the 'M' button too many times in succession? As I had 3 things happen on the roads within about 2 minutes and I wanted them saved!

Thanks,

Tom

Hi guys, thanks for the help.

I'm just reviewing some of my footage and files now and it seems the 'Read only' box is ticked for a large proportion of the videos. There's no way I've clicked to save that many. I'm talking 85% of all files are now read only.

Does anyone know what could have caused this? Maybe pressing the 'M' button too many times in succession? As I had 3 things happen on the roads within about 2 minutes and I wanted them saved!

Thanks,

Tom
Hard to say w/o knowing your settings, but for now I'm assuming that you have "Loop Recording" turned on [Caveat: I have no experience w/Loop Recording turned off]. I haven't tested this feature, but the manual indicates that each press of the Mode button while recording may lock up to THREE consecutive files (clips), as it attempts to "bracket" the button press time, with at least one minute of protected context footage before and after. In some cases this range may overlap the previous or next clip, causing them to become locked, as well as the clip which is current at the time of the button press. Only you can know if this might account for your "85%" rate.

Back