New Owner questions

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2
I have the SG9665GC V2 now.
There are a couple of things I don't see in the manual, that I would like to ask here.

1) How does the memory card come out? Do you just need to grab it with tweezers or needle-nose pliers and pull straight out?

2) There are some Icons on the screen that I don't see any explanation for. The manual does not show a picture of the display with Icons. For example, in the lower right corner - looks like a "battery charge" symbol.

I'll see if I can get a photo of these icons (be better if manual showed/listed then all with a description). Or maybe they are shown somewhere and I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks

push the memory card in and it will click and then pop out

the battery icon just means you're connected to power, anything else you're not clear on just ask away

Just reading through the manual - and I came up with two more questions.
1) Screen Saver. Manual says the default is set for 1 minute. Can I have the screen on all the time?
I would rather be able to look over at the screen and see that everything is working without having to push a button.

2) Manual says "Time Zone" is "+10". I have the GPS. Do I need to do anything with this setting?
I'm in USA Eastern Time Zone.

3) I set "Speed Unit" to "MPH". Should I see the MPH displayed on the screen as I'm driving?
I suppose I could just drive the car to answer this question.

That should be my last questions.

1) Screen Saver. Manual says the default is set for 1 minute. Can I have the screen on all the time?
I would rather be able to look over at the screen and see that everything is working without having to push a button.

you can, but I'd advise against it, the screen doesn't really tell you anything that the LED indicator lights above the screen don't already show, Power is on, Recording is happening, Mic is on or off, to see that same info on screen is actually harder then looking at the LED's, the display generates some heat when it's on, is distracting at night, and in some states it may also be illegal to have on while driving anyway

2) Manual says "Time Zone" is "+10". I have the GPS. Do I need to do anything with this setting?
I'm in USA Eastern Time Zone.

if you leave it set to +10 you'll have the convenience of knowing what time it was in Sydney Australia when your recording was made ;) I'd suggest you set this to whatever timezone is appropriate to your location so that you have the correct time and date in your videos, probably -5 during winter and -4 during summer going by your profile, @Street Guardian USA can probably better advise you on that

3) I set "Speed Unit" to "MPH". Should I see the MPH displayed on the screen as I'm driving?
I suppose I could just drive the car to answer this question.

it embeds the speed in the video, not to display on the LCD screen so you'll see it in your recordings

Just posting back to update -
Everything working perfectly. Very impressive camera.

I got lucky when I placed it on the windshield. I didn't consider to place the camera in an area where the wipers wipe, and I almost put it too high. I just got it into the path the wipers clear by a 1/4". I wouldn't have thought about this except that rained yesterday on my drive home.

Also, just to mention, removing the backing on the 3M tape used on the back of the GPS antenna is the hardest part of the install. I worked for twenty minutes trying to peal the red backing off the sticky part. For a while it seemed that there was no way to get anything under the backing to lift it off the tape. A little tab to grab hold of would have been nice.

I'm getting some reflection of the dashboard in the video. I'll post about this in separate thread - if I can't find a solution.

I'm getting some reflection of the dashboard in the video. I'll post about this in separate thread - if I can't find a solution.
Two solutions for this:

1 - Dash mat
2 - CPL

Back