New owner: some basic questions

bluray

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys. I just bought a 4k action camera and I've only had a chance to run two tests so far but it's raised three questions.

1. The first test was just two minutes long and yet the file size is about 870 MB. That's really big considering my SD card is only 64 gigs. I bought this camera mainly to videotape a ballet performance that's going to last 2 hours. I'd prefer the highest video quality but at the current setting, I'll run out of space on the SD card. Question: Is the second highest setting still impressive? Or should I go with the highest setting and accept that I won't be able to capture the entire 2 hours with this camera? (I could use my iPhone or iPad or okay video camera to capture the ballet performance when this action camera runs out of space.)

2. On the SD card, I noticed that when I record something, rather than just 1 video file, there are TWO! One video file is a smaller version of the larger file. Question: Where in the Settings can I change this or is it something I can't change?

3. After just a few minutes, the action camera felt a bit warm. I assume this is normal but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for any info and/or suggestions you might have!

Okay; that makes sense; thanks!

You can record more than 2 hours 4K ultra video to 64 Gb card but the battery runs out before that.

Oh man, you're right! I'm embarrassed. When I read your comment, I got a piece of paper out and did the math... and you're right!

So two questions: 1. How long will the battery last? 2. If I can connect to an outlet, I'm home free, right?

Thanks very much for your help!

They say that it is just 2 hours.
But if you want to be sure you can use external power bank charger.

Being connected to a wall outlet would be okay, right? Also, can you recommend one or two power bank chargers? I'm sorry but I have no idea what products would work with the action camera.

Thank you very much for your input. As I had mentioned, this is for an upcoming ballet performance and your comments are really helpful.

Wall/AC outlet with a good quality charger should suffice.

Great! Thanks for your help.

Back