New Police Dashcam Site

As long as the UK standard of driving doesn't change then jumping a red light with a clear number plate shot should be easy to deal with. Overtaking on solid white line, hatched areas.
Speeding would need someone to come past you like you were going backwards.

Worth bearing in mind that the speed on the footage isn’t 100% accurate since it’s distance over time.

Yeah but still, if I report the guy driving while on his phone, I'll still most likely be found guilty for reversing over the pedestrian

Yeah but still, if I report the guy driving while on his phone, I'll still most likely be found guilty for reversing over the pedestrian
That is a bad habit to have, you should amend your ways and then you wont have to worry about that problem any more :)

That is a bad habit to have, you should amend your ways and then you wont have to worry about that problem any more :)

:p

One must resist the urge to keep up with idiots, in speed or doings.

What if a Car is flying up from behind and side swipes your Car and races off. I've seen Video of this happening and they pursue them (for insurance) ... obviously speeding in order to get their registration number.

I do get that legally you are not exempted, but the Police have the discretion as to whether to go after you ... which no doubt does happen. I'd tend not to trust them with evidence that I was breaking the road rules though. Hard to give ol' mates the benefit of the doubt ... unless I had to. :whistle:

I'd like to see a Police site in Australia where we could send in video of dodgy activity, both on the road and elsewhere. (y)

Last edited:
Indeed then one will have to thing fast about ones options ( pray cameras made a plate capture ) or you can keep up / catch up to the other car, and then what do you do.

Trust me i dont mind being judge and jury, i actually feel my country sort of force me to do so some times, but things can also get out of hand pretty quick and if i go to a place with no handles on the inside of the door, i will have to terminate myself / make / force some one to do that, which in itself dont really bother me so much as im old and i am sure the best parts are behind me.

Police here are or can be flexible, so say you come home and surprise a burglar, and in the resulting action he fall down and up the stair in your house several times and get beaten up bad, that is what it is.
Regarding dashcam footage, well i think its up to myself how much of it i want to submit, at least i would never put myself in a situation where it would be otherwise, and thats why i always say " keep mum about your camera in case of a event"
If bad enough and in doubt you could discrete "disappear" the memory card of your camera.

One reason I've never put my registration number in the slot available on Nextbase cameras. Keep you're number to yourself, not publicly available.

One reason I've never put my registration number in the slot available on Nextbase cameras. Keep you're number to yourself, not publicly available.
I put my full reg in for a *very* short time. Then I left out some of the characters figuring what was left would be supporting evidence it was my vehicle without revealing the whole reg to one and all.

And then I thought why bother at all? No reason. So I stopped doing it. Now I just use the text to point out that I leave it on standard time not daylight savings.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I really don't see why peeps have a hang up about showing their reg numbers. Jeez, it's on the front and back of the car for all to see.
Perhaps someone can give me a valid reason to hide it on pics etc.

I'd like to think that my dashcam evidence is more likely to work in my favour than be used against me. To me the whole point of having cameras in the first place is that I'm trying to protect myself from the effects of actions by others on the road. If I start worrying about whether video evidence of my own actions will come back to bite me, then I need to change my actions, not hide them.

If you are submitting evidence to the police, they will want to take details of both you and your car, so I don't think it matters if the car reg is on the video or not.

If you want to upload video footage anonymously to youtube then you might want to leave out the reg number from the video.

Earlier this year, my Duo [rear] dashcam caught a speeding driver almost t-bone another car, before 10 seconds later, come just inches away from rear-ending me, blasting his horn in anger. I caught both incidents, including the car registration, a clear picture of the driver, and the "LincsFM" decals all over his car. In order to report it to Lincolnshire Police I had to download and fill in a form, then post it to them (old-fashioned, like.... in a letter), with a copy of the footage on DVD. A few days later I got a letter back saying it would be investigated but could take up to six months. Yes - you read that right.

A mere three months later, I received a letter from the police saying the couldn't take it further as "there was not enough evidence". What the hell do they need beyond footage of it happening and a close-up of the driver? Urine samples?

The point is... I think anything that makes the process of reporting these morons easier, is a good thing. On the flipside, if the police can't be bothered to prosecute them then what's the point of any of it? May as well just name and shame on Youtube.

Back