NEW Product out now! VICO-WF1, WIFI!!

mshi67

Reaction score
I have been watch VicoVation for a while and was about to purchase a TF2+ from ebay few days ago.
Unfortunately, the price asked by seller ($250 USD, 260 AUD)was way too expensive for me. And I found out that it only cost $200 USD in TW. So I sort of stopped.
I noticed there is a black product shape list on Vicovation's home page and it says coming soon.
That device looks quiet cool for me as it is small, unlike TF2+ have a large size.

Here is the news, they just release the new product today.(I saw it on Facebook)
http://www.vicovation.com/product.asp?IDno=18&lang=en

Good thing I like to see is the WF1 has build-in WIFI, like Blackvue and has most of the features of TF2+ .
One thing I am concern about is the heat issue like some of the Korean product, because on the Specifications table, it states that the maximum operation temperture is 65°C, lower than TF2+

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting. Looks quite impressive. WiFi, WDR (but no Vico-Schedule) and much more discrete than their other cameras. My guess on the temperature range is due to the smaller size so it does not dissipate heat as well as the larger cameras.

can't say I'm a fan of the look but spec wise it looks good, not sure what they normally use but the features seem similar to A7 + Aptina sensor

only issue I see is the auto shutdown at 65 degrees, that would be a problem in an Australian summer I suspect, probably not really their target market though, Russia would be their focus I expect, I don't think the 65 degrees is an issue from a component point of view when operating if it is A7 powered, ambient temps during summer though would be the problem, returning to a hot car etc and waiting for it to cool down inside the car enough to start working

jokiin said:
can't say I'm a fan of the look
+1
Looks like a PC web cam, but its possible the quality will be of satisfactory standard.
Design is different to the bulky TF2.

I assume it's still too new and is not selling anywhere?

CoreTech said:
jokiin said:
can't say I'm a fan of the look
+1
Looks like a PC web cam, but its possible the quality will be of satisfactory standard.
Design is different to the bulky TF2.

I've seen a few similar style ones in the market like this, not my style but each to his own

I think they're making decent product though, I'd expect the performance to be up there

ciuvak said:
I assume it's still too new and is not selling anywhere?

It will be released Mid June! Just finalising some marketing and distribution. Some of the features of this camera are-

• 1920x1080 Full HD 30FPS Real-time recording
  • 160 degrees wide view-angle F/2.2 Megapixel 6G lens
  • 1080p@30fps, 720p@30fps, 720p@60fps
  • Instant emergency alert Email through cloud service
  • LDWS – Lane Departure Warning System
  • H.264 Compression
  • Mic/Speaker built-in
  • 3 Mega pixel CMOS Sensor
  • Support up to 32GB SDHC
  • Vico Schedual, Voice notice,
  • WDR (Wide Dynamic Range), 3D Noise Reduction
  • VicoViewer APP, Atheros Integrated 802.11n WiFi Antenna
  • Accessories: 4 meter USB car charger, Suction Brackets, Quick Guide, 3M sticker bracket

A bit more in depth-

Every working status is conveyed by voice notice

Vico-WF1 is built-in the voice notice system. All statuses are conveyed by voice notices, such as recording status, wifi connection status, emergency record, SD card status, and LDWS status.

LDWS – Lane Departure Warning System

Vico-WF1 has built-in LDWS. With the voice notice, Vico-WF1 will remind the driver of lane departure. Press the button 2-3 sec. to activate/de-activate the function. Activate it while high-speed driving.

Instant emergency alert Email through cloud service

Vico-WF1 can forward alert email through cloud service. In connection with smart phone or pad Wi-Fi AP, Vico-WF1 can forward the email to the designated email box.

Vico-Schedule

Vico-Schedule enables Vico-WF1 to have two different image parameters for day time and night time environments. Users can adjust the WDR level and EV value for day and night. The image setting will be changed automatically from day to night.

Design for the best heat convection

Vico-WF1 has the unique mechanical design to make the best fluid motion from bottom to both sides.

WDR + 3DNR image process

Vico-WF1 applies new image processor engine with WDR technology. With 3DNR(3D-Noise Reduction) technology, noise in low light environment can be reduced, and helped in balancing the video contrast.

Share “me-featured“ video

Vico Tag embeds your name into video and let you share the video with unique origin. Share the archived video to Youtube or Facebook via app.

Easy to access SOS recording button

For the release price, we believe you will get great great quality, clarity and features.

Stay Tuned!

DashCamMan said:
Thanks for posting. Looks quite impressive. WiFi, WDR (but no Vico-Schedule) and much more discrete than their other cameras. My guess on the temperature range is due to the smaller size so it does not dissipate heat as well as the larger cameras.

The WF1 does feature Vico Schedule- I will tell them to fix it on their site. Thanks for pointing it out!

Interesting design and nice features if you need them. looks like it could be a stealthy install depending on actual size.
USB on the side might be an issue for some though. All black is always appreciated!
Any pricing info yet?

Gurkha9 said:
Interesting design and nice features if you need them. looks like it could be a stealthy install depending on actual size.
USB on the side might be an issue for some though. All black is always appreciated!
Any pricing info yet?

FIRST TIME PRICE RELEASE

The RRP for the WF1 ( in Australia ) will be ROUGHLY $330-

For the features, quality and clarity you get, we believe it will be a great buy, but we will leave it to this forums review board to determine that-

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate.

Kind Regards

I was forunate enough to have the first TF2+ in Australia and its a great camera, but I will ordering one of these as soon as I can get my hands on one. I will do comparison and work out just how good this WF1 actually is, very keen to see WIFI signal distance and quality, Android support and microphone quality.

What hardware does it have (processor/sensor)?

If the wifi is more than a few feet it has the blackvue beat...

curious to see videos of this cam

hackztor said:
If the wifi is more than a few feet it has the blackvue beat...

The Vico WF1's wifi reaches between 4 and 5 METERs, fading out after that. It is good quality and the app is simple to use and very functional. Check out the specs at the new VicoVation Australia website-

http://www.vicovation.net.au

PLEASE NOTE- www.vicovation.com.au is in no way apart of any VicoVation products or branding. Any information, sales or statements do not come from us and no warranty or support will be provided by us in regards to purchases from this misleading website.

Last edited by a moderator:
GeorgesNJR said:

We will be uploading a few videos soon to detail the quality. ( Day, Night, Low Light, Bright lights etc).

We also have a special introductory offer for member of this site!

Kind Regards,

Very interested to see the quality on this, is the wifi application able to work on Android phones?

What hardware does it have (processor/sensor)?/quote]
Milamber said:
Very interested to see the quality on this, is the wifi application able to work on Android phones?

1. The WF1 contains an Ambarella A5 processor.

2. The quality is a step clearer than the TF2+ which is already leading the market with clarity and WDR. The App is available on Apple Products, and Android devices. Available for download from the App store and Google Play soon!

DashCams.Australia said:
GeorgesNJR said:

We will be uploading a few videos soon to detail the quality. ( Day, Night, Low Light, Bright lights etc).

We also have a special introductory offer for member of this site!

Kind Regards,

depending price and if ship to brazil we may negotiate :mrgreen:

i between this new camera and LS300W

so i will be waiting to compare and decide.

GeorgesNJR said:
depending price and if ship to brazil we may negotiate :mrgreen:
i between this new camera and LS300W
so i will be waiting to compare and decide.
Why do you want to buy from a dealer in Australia? The only benefit to buying from them is if you're physically in Australia and want to deal with someone local if there are warranty issues.
Otherwise buy from a dealer in Brazil, or Taiwan (could be a few $ cheaper).

Reactions: Jim
Back