REDinc

Reaction score
LK-7200_eng_1.jpg

LK-7200_eng_2-1.jpg

LK-7200_eng_3.jpg

LK-7200_eng_4.jpg

LK-7200_eng_5.jpg

Lukas LK-7200

They started selling it in Korea 3 weeks ago, but mostly with OBDII option added.

Outstanding. I think this is going in the front windshield and I'm moving my 7900 ACE to the rear.

Pictures are confusing. They're showing 2 bases for that. The pics at the top and most of them ones in the brochure do not show the gps(?) base. The pics at the very bottom look like it's a gps base with a connection wire to the camera. What's up with that? I want the flat base (with no gps if that's an antenna in there).

They sell with different accessories options, thats why you see different bracket pictures in first post.
Below options you can chose.
Pay attention that for Korean market they offer ( type-C option ) OBD and as well OBD + SmartGPS ( not built in into bracket mount )

LK.jpg

For me big alert ( confusing ) is price and technical specs.
In previouse flagship models they strongly pointed out using Sony CMOS sensor, but nothing says in this model ( hence maybe cheaper price ? )
They wrote 2.1Mpix CMOS, but Sony Exmor IMX122LQJ is 2.4Mpix.
Comparing FOV of LK-7900 135 degree diagonal vs LK-7200 125 degree, - I guess optics are different.

Also for me confusing is how much data can be recorded on same memory card capacity ( LK-7900 vs LK-7200 ).
If figures are correct ( as they are advertised ) then bit-rate must be very low on LK-7200.

If take 32gb memory on LK-7200, it says total is about 7 hours.
Take 32gb on LK-7900 ( 101 units x 3min = 303 min ) = 5 hours ( 10Mbps )

So if LK-7900 5h = 10Mbps, then LK-7200 has way less bit-rate speed.

Price is also temptingly low, so maybe this explains CMOS, lens and bit-rate "issues" ?

So there are a lot of confusion around LK-7200. Hope more clear info will be released soon.

LK1.jpg

There is allso some videoes taken with the LK-7200 on youtube, judging by those performance dont seem to have suffered with the new sensor.

But then again it is hard to compare when one dont have same footage from 2 cams to compare, + offcourse not having youtube to downgrade the footage.

Yes, youtube is not the right place to compare, - only if shooting made side by side with two cameras and put together in one video, so we can see every shadow, every hidden area etc to compare.
I hope LK-7200 uses good CMOS, maybe even same Sony Exmor, - but why so much secrecy in not providing additional info.
Also I noticed that most companies who coming out on the market with upgraded model, they usually rising a model number value, but in this case LK-7900 "falls" to LK-7200 ? Or maybe they introduced replacement to LK-5900 , LK-6900 to LK-7200 ? ... hmmm, you never know.
Anyway, we can now only speculate. Best is to wait when more info will be released.
If LK-7200 is producing same quality video recording as LK-7900, - then price is more cheaper, there for should get more sales. We will see.

look at the 3 videos on Lukas own site here.
http://lukashd.com/eng/product_info/blackbox_7200.html
The video info on buttom of footage indicate 11M bitrate, and it is the same on the lk 7200 videos on youtube. :confused:
Lukas are not good at keeping ther homepage proberly updated, at least not the English part of it, and due to the way it is set up using a translator on the Korean part of the page is to no help either.

Usually if a manufacturer does not include a spec the product does not have it. I would be surprised if it has a Sony Exmor.

yes, in the video it has 11M, ( not 11Mbps ), - but I hope this "M", states for Mbps.
You right, they are not always good in translating and presenting full info, some time confusing with specs ( like lenght of recording table I posted above LK-7900 vs LK-7200 ), but I know Lukas is strong and quality brand, so hope LK-7200 is not worth than LK-7900. Only time will tell ;)

I have "stolen" few screenshots from Korean forums and it shows LK-7200 has 11Mbps, - thats a good news ;)

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

@ NICO it shows the OBD 2 in the stills I might email lukas to see if they might release the spec details that we are interested in. I have been waiting for the european version of the 7900 ARA with the OBD facility. I have not heard from lukas since way back in september they indicated then that they would let me know when it would be released into the western market............ Ipol

Thanks! That clears up the form factor and package differences. If the video quality is at least as good or better than the 7900 then Type A - basic is exactly what I'm looking for.

@ NICO if you download the english version user manual it says 2.1 samsung image sensor hope this helps .....Ipol

Yeah do that ipol :) perhaps you can get some enlightenment for us, i too have been wondering where the 7900 ARA is.
It would allso be nice with a EU seller of these lukas cams :D

Yeah the 11M in footage indicate bitrate ( Mbps ), if i make changes to mine 7500G the number there change acordingly.

Allso i still dont know if mine 7500G can accept the OBD2 + wiered GPS antenna combo, there is no way to figure that out by looking at the lukas site. o_O

Allso it would have been nice if lukas have come up with a even smaller and discrete housing, i was think a wedge shaped housing with the lens at the pointy end to get it as close as possible to the window to minimize reflektions picked up by lens.

EDIT: dident think about DL the manual :oops: so its a samsung sensor now, interesting.

The amazon link nico dropped in #1 allso say it have a lipo battery, but i am sure it have the "super cap" inside.

@ kamjar 1 yes the manual says capacitor as well it only took a minute to download...... do a lukas 7200 english manual search Ipol it also supports multiple viewers as well not just the lukas viewer

Yep i have Downloaded it now :)
I could not find any info on that samsung sensor, maybe the Guys here with more knowlege of components can enlighten me.

I am very interested in more info on OBD2 cams, and where to get one with full packeag ( D type )
Allso like to know where the GPS antenna ( LK-710 ) plug in, cuz it seem to have a micro USB plug, and my 7500G dont have one of those, and looking at the manual for the Lk 7200 and 7700 pro the 7200 dont seem to have a micro USB either.

So i was wondering if the ( LK-710 ) GPS antenna plug into the ( LK- 750 ) OBD2 module and it then feed all the OBD2 & GPS info into the plug where my current GPS antenna in the mount plug in. ( on my housing at that plug it do say GPS / OBD, but i am not suer if it is 1 or the other or both at the same time )

But looking at the OBD2 moduled they dont seem to have a micro USB plug for a GPS antenna o_O

Quite confusing if you ask me ;) and offcourse if i could i would prefer to upgrade my 7500G with OBD2 module and the other GPS antenna if possible.

Looking at Lk-7500 cams mine is a B type, but on the box it came in it say Lk-7500G, and looking at the lukas site the LK-7500 + OBD2 & GPS is D type, but on my box it say the version with OBD2 & GPS is called LK-7500GD.
http://lukashd.com/shoppingmall/products_view.html?no=423&cate=CD0002&refer=/shoppingmall/products_list.html?cate=CD0002

WP_20131222_001[1]_big_thumb.jpg

Argh :confused: my brain hurt :D

Last edited:
I guess they now prefer local brand CMOS to Japanese ;)
Interesting to know, which exact model Samsung CMOS they used.

Below more photos about OBDII I found from Koreans forums.

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

l5.jpg

2514232_1_1386913675.jpg

2514232_1_1386913676.jpg

2514232_1_1386913677.jpg

2514232_1_1386913679.jpg

2514232_1_1386913680.jpg

Aaaaa so the GPS do plug into the OBD2 module :) you sneaky Korean Guys. ( on lukas site you can not see that female USB plug on the OBD2 module )

Then i just have to decode witch OBD2 module i have to get alongside a new GPS antenna, to me it would have been smart to make a adaptor cable so i could use the current in Mount GPS antenna and then extend + convert it to misro USB and then plug into the OBD plug.

Either way :D

EDIT: there is 2 OBD2 moduled for lk-7500, i can not decode what the difference is as the OBD2 modules are only on Korean part of the Lukas site.

Allso i have no idea where to by either the OBD2 or GPS antenna :(

Allso just notised there is a LK-7200 plus dashcam ????? have no idea what make it special compared to the regular LK-7200 cuty.
http://lukashd.com/product_info/blackbox_7200_plus.html

Ai ai ai my poor brain ;)

Last edited:
Back