New SD card

maxcorrigan

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Just had some work done on my car that took a couple of weeks and now find the mini SD card is missing, what card replacement do i need at the moment i have a sandisk card in there will it be OK?
And do you guys sell the necessary cards if the sandisk is not suitable, I am in Thailand, can give more info if/when needed

Samsung EVO Plus U3, Transcend 400x, Toshiba Exceria are the ones I have tested for long time with SG9665GC.

You can try the sandisk you have, it cant break the camera but it might not function well, so i would keep a eye on the cameras performance.

The new Sandisk stamped with a A1 should be fine for the GC, but i have not tested those myself, in general i dont find the GC are picky at all regarding memory cards, but that dont mean i would buy the cheapest ones around, i would still go for one of the major brands sold by a reputable seller i can reach in case of problems.
Personally i use local stores and Amazon .uk and .de

make sure you're on the latest firmware also
Not sure what firmware i've got, it was updated end of last year or early this year, when have the latest updates been released then i can check, wife out in car at the moment.
Thanks everyone for SD card suggestions very helpful, will check sandisk when i can, the problem with getting a good brand card here in Thailand is knowing which are genuine and which are Chinese knock offs! why i asked in my opening question weather i could by from say jokiin for instance?

Not sure what firmware i've got, it was updated end of last year or early this year

probably not the latest then, you can download from our website

the problem with getting a good brand card here in Thailand is knowing which are genuine and which are Chinese knock offs! why i asked in my opening question weather i could by from say jokiin for instance?

that's a problem everywhere but perhaps moreso in Thailand I would imagine

we don't ship international, Amazon maybe???

probably not the latest then, you can download from our website

that's a problem everywhere but perhaps moreso in Thailand I would imagine

we don't ship international, Amazon maybe???
OK i've got Samsung EVO Plus U3 64 gig ( hope it is genuine) and put in camera everything seems ok, formated first, set to default, and re-set time, this software i notice is V3 would that be the lastesf update?

Thank you very much jokiin for your swift reply, much appreciated!
What will the number of the new firmware be v4?
Thank you very much jokiin for your swift reply, much appreciated!
What will the number of the new firmware be V4?

The latest firmware update from V3 i can find after unzipping is SGGCV2.bin which i copied to my newly formatted SD card placed back in camera then get a message saying "card needs formatting", have tried 4 times today no different, what am i doing wrong?

The latest firmware update from V3 i can find after unzipping is SGGCV2.bin which i copied to my newly formatted SD card placed back in camera then get a message saying "card needs formatting", have tried 4 times today no different, what am i doing wrong?

you need to format the card in the camera first before you can update

OK that was the secret format first in camera, so presumably i have now got V2 firmware installed, correct?

Sorry to be PITA but on your support site i can't see any updates with V4 in them where do i find the settings menu?

OK that looks more promising i'll update when i can, thank your patience and help, will let you know how i get on with v4!

OK finally got v4, can you please tell me where i can get direct access to the next upgrade as in the address you sent me last, via email
As on your support page the latest update at top of the list turns out to be be for v2 as i found out. Thanks for your help!
Yours sincerely M Corrigan

OK finally got v4, can you please tell me where i can get direct access to the next upgrade as in the address you sent me last, via email
As on your support page the latest update at top of the list turns out to be be for v2 as i found out. Thanks for your help!
Yours sincerely M Corrigan

that link is from our website, the camera versions are V1, V2, V3, X2 (aka V4) that's not related to the firmware version as such as the same firmware is used for V2, V3 and X2, the included user manual that come with the download is what is different

that link is from our website, the camera versions are V1, V2, V3, X2 (aka V4) that's not related to the firmware version as such as the same firmware is used for V2, V3 and X2, the included user manual that come with the download is what is different
OK thank you, i've been looking at firmware versions!

Back