New SJ360 on the Horizon

WA3PNT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750/770 Firmware (Dual), X550 (Dual) and a F50
I received an email from SJCAM stating that a new 360 camera with dual lenses is going to be released to replace the current SJ360.

I have mixed emotions about this, as I have already invested in their current SJ360, and additional batteries, charger, and storage case. My thoughts were that I would support their efforts in the 360 arena.

I hope (I know a long shot) that SJCAM will offer some sort of incentive, like a trade in program or discount for SJ360 owners, when they release this camera. Verification of ownership would be very easy through the Product Verification code.

It is understandable why SJCAM is moving to the dual lens camera, as the vertical angle and resolution is much better on these type cameras (I have a GEAR360 for comparison).

I have tried to reply to the SJCAM post on their Community Support page at http://sjcamhd.com/community/threads/sj360-purchase.113/#post-225

however the site is not accepting cookies (which are required to post) so I cannot comment there.

RodeoGeorge

I received an email from SJCAM stating that a new 360 camera with dual lenses is going to be released to replace the current SJ360.

I have mixed emotions about this, as I have already invested in their current SJ360, and additional batteries, charger, and storage case. My thoughts were that I would support their efforts in the 360 arena.

I hope (I know a long shot) that SJCAM will offer some sort of incentive, like a trade in program or discount for SJ360 owners, when they release this camera. Verification of ownership would be very easy through the Product Verification code.

It is understandable why SJCAM is moving to the dual lens camera, as the vertical angle and resolution is much better on these type cameras (I have a GEAR360 for comparison).

I have tried to reply to the SJCAM post on their Community Support page at http://sjcamhd.com/community/threads/sj360-purchase.113/#post-225

however the site is not accepting cookies (which are required to post) so I cannot comment there.

RodeoGeorge

Hello RodeoGeorge, I am not sure who told you about a dual lens but if we will have one, it it at least 2-3 months out if we will release it. We are working on upgrading the SJ360 firmware and will be releasing our own software for this unit so your unit will not go out style anytime soon.

Since you are on the the forums and helping people out, we will probably offer you a discount if you are still interested if/when we do have another 360 camera.

Thanks again for post helpful knowledge on these forums.

BR,

Tony

by the way, the forum should be okay now... please try posting again.

Thx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WA3PNT SJ360 0
WA3PNT SJ360 15
TonyCams SJ360 49
Back