New sticky pads...

MoreBloodWine

Reaction score
Country
United States
Long story short, wrecked car on the 17th. Asked viofo suppor if they could mail me new pads (front, GPS base and rear). I've yet to hear even a no sorry.

Does someone have a spare set of pads they can toss in an envelope for me, this way when I need to remount, I can.

Ty.

a6c5e803e9ac9ba712df0660b0fdac20.jpg

There is New Year holiday until 8th Feb for many China sellers.

Here you go:
eShop - Spare stickers

Or you can buy 3M VHB tape in your local store.

I might have to try 3m ad suggested, that's a $20 hit for two sm circular pads alone.

Ty.
I imagine you get the full set of 3 pads since it is sold specifically for the A139, which appears to me to come in at under $10, unless you are in Canadian $ in which case I am seeing $13.23.

They are normally 3M pads that Viofo uses, so buying a sheet of 3M only loses the pre-cut shapes, but make sure you get an OK type of 3M, there are many types for different purposes.

Lol... oh I'm well aware of the holy hell this sticks good to, damn it.... I just put that **** up 20 minutes ago.

Many of the replacement adhesive pads offered by manufacturers such as Viofo are outrageously overpriced.

My solution over the years has been to purchase 3M VHB type 5952 tape which is available in rolls or sheets you can cut the tape to size with a sharp scissors and/or an X-acto knife.

3M VHB type 5952 is basically the same product most dash cam adhesive pads are made from.

You can use either two strips of narrow tape side by side to cover a camera mounting plate such as the 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch.

A better option is to use the two inch wide tape which 3M made available a few years ago. You can usually find this product at places like Home Depot or Amazon. It generally sells for about $10.00 a 30 inch roll and this will enough for many dash cam installations and the tape has many other practical uses. For example, I used it to mount a thermometer in my vehicle as well as to hold a 12V cigarette socket splitter in place.

For proper bonding 3M VHB tape should be allowed to cure for up to 72 hours, depending on the temperature before applying the full weight you want to mount. For a camera that does not have a separate mounting plate it is best not to drive untill the tape has had a period to complete the bonding process.

3M VHB 2 inch.jpg

bonding.png

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W A139 12