New to dash cams got GS8000l recording issues :( plz help lol

Scrapdrifter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Bought a cheap gs8000l off eBay. With a cheap sd card. Soon realised the card was poor. So used a 2gb San disc card which worked ok on 720p. So bought a San disc extreme sd card 32gb now records for 20-30 mins and then stops Lind recording and starts crashing and recording for 6 secs and the files are unrecognised or damaged on my PC and good recording won't happen again untill I format the card on the camera or PC. With this memory card it is recording for the longest and on 1080p ?? So I don't think it's card issues now ?? And ideas or surgestions?? Many thanks Chris :)

I have the same camera. i bought it from "estore" (spelling?) or some such. the ad they had for the cam really dolled up this camera. They sold me on the "novatek" chip--that was before I found this site... ;)

That said, I have a 32gb card in it and i leave it in parking mode continuous record and its been rock solid. this is on the FHD setting..

knee jerk response is your card is fake, or damaged. the cam itself is fake or otherwise faulty. its not much that can go wrong in these gadgets.

there is a tool on you can download to test the cards authenticity. I dont know if off hand but you can search this site, or someone will see this and respond.

there is a dedicated forum for this model here, https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/gsxxxx.8/ , so search in there.

i using an authentic sandisk 32gb and have not had any issues out of this cam. its been in the car for a few days and its been solid.

Finally, people on here will bash this camera and put it down by calling it cheap, inferior, etc. I think those terms are unnecessary and they do not help in any way. That said, this site is THE site to be at to find as much info in one place about this cam and others. I have had zero issues with it and its a good starter cam to get your feet wet in the dash cam game. the ONLY thing with this cam that i dont like is it cant use higher than an sdhc (32gb) card.

welcome bro. you will easily spend more money than you care to as this site is so helpful ad there is so many toys on here.

@Pier28 is a very active seller and board member. for your next cam, look at this store. he is based in SF and he has top notch customer service and will get things out the door QUICK like a bunny....

Last edited by a moderator:
knee jerk response is your card is fake, or damaged. the cam itself is fake or otherwise faulty. its not much that can go wrong in these gadgets.

there is a tool on you can download to test the cards authenticity. I dont know if off hand but you can search this site, or someone will see this and respond.
The program is called h2testw.exe. Google it, it's free and works, though it will take a long time to test a 32gb card.

@Pier28 is a very active seller and board member
Wait, there's a board?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, there's a board?
I've been Seconding motions all month;)

Hi there. Bought a cheap gs8000l off eBay
If you are on your long journey to be the Stig of DashCams besides the fact that you have a long way to go to catch Stig number one buying an 8000L is a bit of a detour.

stop hatin' on the gs8000l. o_O solid camera. picture quality is not the best but the camera is solid for a first time user.

i used it 24/7 for weeks before i gave it away with sandisk cards in it and never had any issues. low light images were grainy but daytime/plenty of light the cam worked well. plus the mic was plenty good, better than the mic on the Dome a70...

Sorry to open this up again but like so many people I have similar issues. I work for the ambulance service and really need to record my callouts but can't.
I am using a high speed (10x) 32Gb micro chip which I also use on a hand held cam and it works fine but I also get this problem.
The first couple of recordings are around 1Gb then the cam seems to switch off and on again, the screen goes off and then on, and it records short, unreadable 10Mb clips. I have the Gshock set to 1 (needs maximum shock to stop the recording?)
I'm currently trying to check out the SD card!

Try a smaller recycle size, you'll likely find 720p will give you better results and be more reliable on this model

Of course check your memory card also

Um, possibly not even though it was quite expensive, well £7.50 :( which is why I am trying to find a testing software for the Mac!

1040lu8.jpg

test with another card first, a decent brand name one would be a good start, even a cheap camera still needs a good card if you want any sort of reliability

Yes I was afraid this might be the case and at the moment I don't have another micro SD! I'll test it going to London today and see if it's any better on the lower resolution rate!
Thanks

Well that was a disaster, most of it anyway! It recorded 20 usable (just) clips, the longest just over 1Gb but very jerky on playback with picture hanging up and the sound going off and on. All the others around 24Mb, just snaps, and then hundreds of unreadable files, all around 20-30Mg. I think I've definitely got a duff card and unfortunately the guys scarpered!
Oh well, at least it was only £8! Lesson learned!:(
So what are the best SD Micro cards to get, is there one above the others or are all the branded ones about the same? What would you recommend for this application please? I've seen SanDisk, Samsung, Lexar (good price at Argos but better price from Amazon and hopefully guaranteed!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2813013.htm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00J29BR3Yhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00519BEQY
View My Video

Last edited:
Back