New Yi version coming?

niswanger

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Xiaomi Yi
Hey gang!

First post, registered just yesterday after lurking and reading about all the hacks to the current Yi. I just purchased a used in 10 of 10 condition Green version Xiaomi Yi from B&H. I'm not sure of the firmware version but I will have it to test out next week.

I plan to at minimum check the focus and it seems it would be best to make a video cable to hook it up to a monitor. Do I have to do this? I recon otherwise I would have to take a test photo, then mark the lens factory setting and adjust, shoot, adjust, shoot and find the best one from viewing each photos zoomed in to see far detail level.

Any way, I have other quandaries as well but I'll save them for other threads. Here's an email I received back from Xiaomi Support:

Code:
HI  Roy_Niswange:

Thanks for your questions and we are pleased to solve your problem with the best effort.

In this case we would like to say that we will launch the new version at the 17th of March for Action Camera at this link:

https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A7K6H818001EY&merchant=A7K6H818001EY&redirect=true

Yi Support

发件人: Roy_Niswanger@ [mailto:Roy_Niswanger@] 
发送时间: 2016年3月11日 1:03
收件人: support@xiaoyi.com
主题: Any new Yi versions coming?

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Hello,

I’m considering buying some of your Yi compact action cams and was wondering if you might be releasing a new version to compete with the GoPro Hero 4 Black and/or the Hero 5 coming later this year?  I have a requirement to have your latest model by first of May this year.

Thank you,
Roy Niswanger

Thanks,
Roy

I think they mean the international version and the USa version. ?I see there is a black one out so guess thats the new one wit hthe same hardware :)

At first I thought the same, but why would they say March 17th? That black one has been available for some time. Regardless, I know what I will be looking for next Thursday.

-Roy

Still think its the international version of the car cam and the yi. Maybe it was out in ther states but not in EU.

Latest communications. So now only released amazon UK at first? Hummm....I've sent back a reply trying to pick up more information, I'll let you all know:

Code:
HI Roy_Niswanger:

Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry for this incorrect updates.

Here is our the newest notification.

:

Our action camera can be shipped to Amazon UK this month and start to sell at the end of March. The home camera will be ready in April

:

End of April because we are waiting for adapters

YI Support

发件人: Roy_Niswanger@ 
发送时间: 2016年3月17日 11:47
收件人: support@xiaoyi.com
主题: RE: Any new Yi versions coming?

Hello,

It’s the 17th and I’m checking the link but don’t see any “new version”.  Will it be posted today?

Thank you,
Roy

-Roy

Reactions: vsw
Back