Newb ...

oldscho350z

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I've done tons of research and really want something reliable.

I want good quality video. Also my last requirement is a suction mount. I have two vehicles and transfer from one to the other a lot.

I also don't have much faith in these no name brands. I'm debating on just buying a g1w and taking a small gamble versus more.

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with Panorama as a set it and forget it true long term work horse, but it sounds like you're set on the lower budget end. (your last sentence)

So I've done tons of research and really want something reliable.

I want good quality video. Also my last requirement is a suction mount. I have two vehicles and transfer from one to the other a lot.

I also don't have much faith in these no name brands. I'm debating on just buying a g1w and taking a small gamble versus more.
The gamble with most of these budget cams is that each seller has a different version of the same camera. There are a ton of G1ws out there, a ton of B40/A118s, Knowing which is the best is the key to success and sometimes a gamble.

When people ask for a reliable budget cam, the safe bet everyone will say is the Mobius. Reliability has been proven over a year and a half since introduction and no worries of buying copies because there are authorized sellers and you can buy direct from the developer.

Pier 28 sells the Panorama which is a high quality cam and has a proven record and has a good pedigree. It's a higher end camera with all the features you could ask for.

Both cameras are a safe bet, the rest depends on your budget and which features you want.

Thanks guys! I looked more into the Panorama, and see they just came out (mid 2014) with the G. Price isn't too bad, but for that price it should come with GPS. Would this option last years in the cold winters of Buffalo, NY? I don't mind paying $$ but really want quality and years of useage.

I had a very close call today and if I was in an accident the dashcam would have helped a great deal. I'm really between the Mobius and Panorama. I'm just not too trustworthy of no name brands...

I was going to use my HTC One smart phone as one but I really want a set it and forget it solution. The Mobius is nice, can't beat the price.

Last edited:
Get the Pano G. Boom. Done.

Hi Guys,
So I almost pulled the trigger on a mobius for $74 with windshield mount. But I just saw the new gopro hero for $130. This could be an opportunity as I would like the ability to use the camera for snowboarding and with my dog as well. I'm trying to find out if this new one has an auto off feature (I don't mind turning it on), and loop recording.

Save yourself some money and go with the SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi. It is as sharp and durable as the GoPro, plus has all the features you need, including loop record. The basic GoPro is very basic, no removable battery, no removable waterproof case, no car mount, no WiFi and no loop recording.
At $87 from GearBest.com (coupon code GBSJCAM), it's a great deal. The only issue is you may not want to leave it unattended in your car since it looks like a GoPro. You could buy it in black, which in my experience helps or wait for the smaller M10. If you plan to use it as a dashcam 99% of the time and dont want to worry about theft, the Mobius is the way to go. One year with my Mobius and it still impresses me.

Here's my review of the non WiFi with pictures next to the Mobius
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/complete-review-of-the-sj4000-a-great-little-dash-cam.7000/
http://forums.mtbr.com/videos-pov-c...-quality-hd-action-cam-under-$100-937098.html

Last edited:
Back