Newbie needs some guidance

rad_slav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post here so I will start with saying hello to y'all from sunny Nottingham suburbs.

I am after my first ever dashcam setup and after few sleepless nights of crawling through specs and comparison sites I narrowed down to two dual cam systems. Unfortunately the comparison tool available here doesn't have the second model I'm interested in so your input would be very much appreciated.

My first choice would be the Viofo A229 duo but there's a lot of praise around for the Vantrue Element 2 (front and rear). Both having good reviews (whether sponsored or not), similarly priced ... is there anything obvious that I missed? I'm lost please help! :)

Thanks in advance,
Rad

Hi Rad Slav, welcome to the Forum. Both these cameras appear to be good choices there, from reputable and reliable manufacturers. I'd recommend the Viofo A229 Duo, it will have a lower-profile than the Vantrue Element 2, and the hardware of the A229 Duo is much sturdier than previous models.

Thank you, an advice from dashcam legend is very much appreciated!

No problem, thanks for the kind words :D! If you have further questions, feel free to reach out.

Back