Newbie questions

If motion detection in parking mode is set to off (because you get sick of the False notifications like me) it doesn’t record parking mode.
Do you mean that the g detector won't trigger a recording?

No. Not the G detetector, the motion detector. I have mine set to the lowest: 1 and if I turn it off it won’t record in parking mode.

Attachments

• 9CBC2BA1-66B3-41D2-B81C-794EC5ECF6F1.png
    9CBC2BA1-66B3-41D2-B81C-794EC5ECF6F1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
I think you have missed the point of my question.
If you turn off the motion detection, it's not at all surprising that it won't detect movement in the picture.
But does the camera still record if someone bumps the car thus triggering the g sensor?
Your specific problem seems to be that the motion detector is too sensitive, even at the '1' setting. And I haven't tried any of the parking mode movement or g sensor settings.

No. Not the G detetector, the motion detector. I have mine set to the lowest: 1 and if I turn it off it won’t record in parking mode.

Yes. I realise that you are talking about the motion detector. My question is not about the motion detector, it is about the g detector.
Q1 My question is that when you have turned off the motion sensor, does the g sensor still trigger the cam in parking mode?
Ill try asking my question a different way.
Q2 Are you saying that when you have the motion detector turned off, even if someone hits your car when parked, it doesn't record the event like it should?

To elaborate my post #16: If the Motion detector is set to off, nothing is recorded, regardless of the g sensor.

There will be no grey files (Parking mode) in the folder.

Thanks. All we need now is a BlackVue expert.
Now I think I know what you are experiencing, I'll go and try mine.

To elaborate my post #16: If the Motion detector is set to off, nothing is recorded, regardless of the g sensor.
There will be no grey files (Parking mode) in the folder.

What you're describing is exactly correct. Parking Mode recordings are controlled by the motion detector. You turned it off, meaning no parking mode recordings will ever be made. Parking mode itself is "on", it just won't record based on motion. You will never see a grey-icon recording file.
However, if you set the G-sensors for parking mode high enough, then any shock will trigger an Event recording (the green icon). A shock-based recording is always an Event, no matter what mode the camera is in.

I leave the G-sensors for normal mode mid-range, so I don't get an Event for every pothole. But I keep them set high for parking mode, so that any bump will trigger an event.

It takes some playing to find the sweet spot for your vehicle.

Brad.

What you're describing is exactly correct. Parking Mode recordings are controlled by the motion detector. You turned it off, meaning no parking mode recordings will ever be made. Parking mode itself is "on", it just won't record based on motion. You will never see a grey-icon recording file.
However, if you set the G-sensors for parking mode high enough, then any shock will trigger an Event recording (the green icon). A shock-based recording is always an Event, no matter what mode the camera is in.

I leave the G-sensors for normal mode mid-range, so I don't get an Event for every pothole. But I keep them set high for parking mode, so that any bump will trigger an event.

It takes some playing to find the sweet spot for your vehicle.

Brad.

My G Sensors are set to 10 in parking mode. If I open and close the door it triggers an event; never had a false alarm from G sensors - happy with that.

My problem is: I have to disable notifications on my phone because it makes my phone too distracting and frustrating to operate as it’s persistently displaying ‘Motion detected’.
If there’s nothing can be done about an over sensitive motion detector then it would be a great solution for me if we could choose notifications individually.

I don't use any of the Cloud notifications, but when I look at the Firmware Settings via the cloud viewer, I see separate checkboxes under "Push Notifications" for things like "Motion Detection (Parking Mode)" and "Event Recording (Parking Mode)". In my case I have all unchecked, but it looks to me like you can get what you want by unchecking the Motion Detection checkbox.

1525188520434.png

You could consider muting the notifications within the settings of your phone too, still get the notification but maybe no audible alert?
Defeats the purpose a little for getting the notification when there's an actual event you might need to notice though haha.

I don't use any of the Cloud notifications, but when I look at the Firmware Settings via the cloud viewer, I see separate checkboxes under "Push Notifications" for things like "Motion Detection (Parking Mode)" and "Event Recording (Parking Mode)". In my case I have all unchecked, but it looks to me like you can get what you want by unchecking the Motion Detection checkbox.

View attachment 37789
Brilliant reminder thank you! I’ve now turned off the motion sensor notification. It would be great also if we could turn off connect/ disconnect.

I think the best use of the cloud is the g sensor in parking mode - if your car is within reach of your home/ office WiFi it’s better than an alarm.
You get to call the police and discreetly catch them with your phone camera. Also, if you don’t notice your car was bumped on the day, the event file maybe overwritten by the time you realise - the notification could make you check your car.

If I get to the point of a rare notification I’ll get out of bed to investigate.

Thanks again. Here’s today’s...

Attachments

• D34C88A5-97C3-4505-B146-6EF8FC53020A.png
    D34C88A5-97C3-4505-B146-6EF8FC53020A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Thank you. That answers the question that I asked several times of Civvy earlier.

I'm afraid I don't understand the term 'buffered video'. Is it the same as a 'time delay' in streaming and by that you're saying we miss the first 5 seconds using the Event File Auto-Upload feature?
Will the card capture the 5 seconds post impact recording?
If I understand you correctly, you're saying, the card does capture the post impact 5 seconds and that you're working on sending the 5 seconds to the cloud from the card at a later time? - which I can imagine would be great.

I have the 1.005 FW and it's still not broadcasting. I assume it will after it auto-restarts at 3am, unless I go out and press the button. Maybe I should press the button before leaving the car. - It seems clear I need to resolve this issue before I sign a contract for a hotspot device.

Thanks

Yes, when an impact is detected, the dashcam sends signal to Cloud and live footage is started to be saved on Cloud after few seconds. Therefore, the Live Auto-upload recording contains footage starting few seconds after the event is occurred.
However the recording of the same event saved on the SD card contains the footage of 5 seconds before the event as well.

The upcoming feature will automatically upload the event recordings saved on the SD card to Cloud.

Thanks!

Brilliant reminder thank you! I’ve now turned off the motion sensor notification. It would be great also if we could turn off connect/ disconnect.

I think the best use of the cloud is the g sensor in parking mode - if your car is within reach of your home/ office WiFi it’s better than an alarm.
You get to call the police and discreetly catch them with your phone camera. Also, if you don’t notice your car was bumped on the day, the event file maybe overwritten by the time you realise - the notification could make you check your car.

If I get to the point of a rare notification I’ll get out of bed to investigate.

Thanks again. Here’s today’s...

You can disable the connected/disconnected alerts by disabling Cloud Connectivity alerts from the Account settings on Blackvue app.

FYI: https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/en-us/articles/225570087-How-to-configure-Push-notifications-

I need the cloud on to alert me of g sensor triggers in parking mode.

The new feature sounds promising.
However, I was planning to turn off grey files and just have blue and green files to optimise card storage.
I guess the ‘5 minutes’ before will require 5 mins from a grey file?
If that is the case, i’ll buy a 128gb card.

I feel like I’m getting there.
Connect/ disconnect is the only unwanted notification now and it’s connecting to the home WiFi every time now since I changed my router settings.

Saw a coach driver almost cause a horrific accident yesterday on the M25, emailed the file to the company.

I need the cloud on to alert me of g sensor triggers in parking mode.

The new feature sounds promising.
However, I was planning to turn off grey files and just have blue and green files to optimise card storage.
I guess the ‘5 minutes’ before will require 5 mins from a grey file?
If that is the case, i’ll buy a 128gb card.

I feel like I’m getting there.
Connect/ disconnect is the only unwanted notification now and it’s connecting to the home WiFi every time now since I changed my router settings.

Saw a coach driver almost cause a horrific accident yesterday on the M25, emailed the file to the company.

Even if motion detection recording is off (no grey files), the dashcam buffers the recording without saving it on SD card so when an impact is detected, it will retrieve 5 seconds from the buffer and save the event recording file starting 5 seconds before impact was detected.

I hope it answers your query.

What a clever dashcam!
Yes, Thanks

Back