NEWBY with X4s

Ryback

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m PC literate and have many digital devices in my house.
The X4S is a recent purchase. I made mistake during setup (dumb fingers) . The device menu got set to German and I cannot figure out to reset it to English. OR
Just reset the whole recorder and start over….from step1…

Attempted to get help from VANTRUE…..HA HA HA HA HA
NO ANSWER
I pressed RESET button, thought that would work. NO. maybe it takes a combination of buttons?
This is my first dashcam, maybe I’m overlooking the obvious?

Language in German = Sprache ( maybe not spelled exactely like that i only talk the language dont write it very good,,,,, even if i can read it ok too )

So if you can get into the menu that should be somewhere in there, otherwise you can also just go thru menu items one at the time from the top, and just say NEIN ( no ) to anything you might get prompted to do, sooner or later i recon you find a option with a slew of languages to choose from.
PS: it might be fastest to start from the bottom of the Menu tree, i seem to recall it is down there language options would be.

Generally you can also reset a devise by just loading the firmware again, but there are also most often a reset to default menu option, here you of course want to choose JA and not NEIN

It might be something with " Werkseinstellungen " which is German for Factory settings.

Click the M button to get into the menu. Scroll down to the second icon with the gear ("System") and press the OK button. First option is language. Click the OK button to choose.
1654799673297.png

Hi Ryback, I am Wendy from Vantrue. I did reply your question from the online chat~ please check your inbox~

Or you can use Google translate through the lens function, this way it will translate whatever the camera sees in realtime.

Back