NEWEST Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT -Gps & Dashcam

johnnyfeedback

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll wait until they come out with the GPS/dash cam/8 track player version.
(with distinctive metallic accents to suggest quality)

Garmin last year came out with their Nuvi Gps Dash cam
Hoping that this latest one might be a step up........JT

Anybody tried it? On Garmin site I can' t find any specs of camera. No samples of video on youtube as well.

nuviCam was fantastic. I would gladly buy Garmin dash cam if they made it smaller. I dont need LCD screen. I prefer smaller form factor. I had nuviCam for 2 years if not more and it run without any problems. It still works and would have if I was more careful with it. Hiding it all the time put too much stress on charging port and soldering points snapped. I fixed it myself but now I only use it as GPS which is not often

nuviCam was fantastic. I would gladly buy Garmin dash cam if they made it smaller. I dont need LCD screen. I prefer smaller form factor. I had nuviCam for 2 years if not more and it run without any problems. It still works and would have if I was more careful with it. Hiding it all the time put too much stress on charging port and soldering points snapped. I fixed it myself but now I only use it as GPS which is not often
Take a look at Garmin DashCam 45/55/65w

The NAV/dashcam units can not be used legally here, cuz for both parts of the devise to work as intended you will have to install the unit right on the middle of the windscreen, and that's not legal here.
IF you put the NAV unit down low where it dont really get in the way looking out of the windscreen, then the camera are in a less that optimal location.
IF you put the unit up high in front of the mirror, then the camera are in the optimal spot but you cant see the NAV screen to navigate.
So you are back to square 1 and have to place the unit below the mirror so you can see the LCD screen but high enough the the camera to be in a sort of optimal place, and that's in your field of view out the window and most likely not a legal place.

Garmin really dident have the thinking cap on when they came up with this.

Back