Next Viofo Cam

Probably an issue seen with carcams over action cams in the fact they're not usually potted. I've never known a usb on a gopro to fail.

On the cable side, I'm waiting on a mini neutrik connector, maybe with a 90 degree connection and good strain relief. Could be waiting a long time though....

Last edited:
My initial thoughts:
(My camera was provided to me for free in exchange for feed back and review)

I would absolutely recommend this camera for those who want a discrete device for the basics, especially at its price point. I will most likely be picking up a second one for my rear windshield. If you want fancy features like parking mode, gps (its in the works but not out yet), or a higher quality 2k/4k camera, be prepared to shell out the big bucks.

Great shots.

My SD Card came today, so tonight I've been out and shot some video on typical UK Sub Urban Roads and unlit country roads. Tomorrow, I'll get some daytime footage and then over the weekend try and put a review video together. I have some thoughts already, some positives and negatives, but I guess I'm going to have to keep them secret until the end of the weekend when hopefully I'll have had time to do a decent review and video edit.

BTW if anyone needs an SD card, I highly recommend 7-Day shop. I've used them many times and picked up a Lexar Endurance UHS-1 64GB Mini SD card for £25 delivered with SD Card adapter included. I've used them many times before, and they sell genuine stock - in the past I've had to send the odd Sandisk to Sandisk under warranty, and every card has been confirmed genuine and swapped out under warranty.

Lexar cards are history. They're shutting down their entire portable/removable memory line :whistle:

Phil

Reactions: Mtz
I wasn't aware. But so long as it works and is reliable, that's the main criteria. It's also good value for the price.

There are very few manufacturers offering high endurance memory and many manufacturers now exclude car camera usage across most if not all of their product lines.

I've always used Sandisk Pro cards with little issue, but see that compatibility has become an issue recently.

There are very few manufacturers offering high endurance memory and many manufacturers now exclude car camera usage across most if not all of their product lines

Sadly true and it's getting worse more than better. The 200GB SanDisk card seems to work in most cams and was specifically designed for intense write usage such as cam's need but AFAIK nobody else has developed any cards specifically with that trait in mind. Samsung EVO has changed their line and now you need the "EVO Select" cards to equal what the regular EVO card did in the past :(

I think things will improve for us eventually but as of right now they're selling micro SD cards as fast as they can make them, so they're not going to be inclined to do that until they can better afford to lose a bit of production time to introduce and make better cards. Lexar stopping production is going to make that point in time even more distant. Too bad as they did have a very good product until recently when some people began having problems with their 633X cards which were once one of the best for cam usage.

Not much we can do save for researching our card choices well and using only those known to work well in our cams. Nothing new there!

Phil

I appreciate the review above, but can anyone really drill in-depth of their experience with the Viofo app?

Basically the only reason someone would get the WR1 over the A119 is because of the WiFi so I was hoping to hear more about the WiFi/app experiences.

VIOFO app basic set up.

Is pretty easy to use and connects easy as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W WR1 48
W WR1 0
Yooshaw WR1 3
J WR1 4
J WR1 5
Back