Nextbase 112 won't format any SD card

motivator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I bought a 112 as a Christmas present for my son. I have tried several different SD cards ( I have tested a SanDisk 32Gb class 10 for corruption and fakeness) but it doesn't seem to format or record to any of them.

The SD card is recognised as being inserted (icon in the bottom left hand corner), but it comes up with error when you try to record. When you go to Format it does the process in about a 1 second, not sure if that is too quick for a 32Gb card)? But still errors.

I have tried to update the firmware, but it doesn't flash as suggested and when you go to Information it still shows the old version number. If I then format the card in the 112 and then look at it on the PC, the firmware file is still on the card.

Can anyone tell me if these dash cams have this sort of problem?

Thanks

The older red and grey Sandisk cards don't often work well with dashcams- is that the one you've got? Regardless, try a different card if you can as card issues are the main problem encountered with dashcams.

Phil

Yep, I've seen quite a few dashcam manufacturers advise against Sandisk. Reading between the lines I get the impression they don't like being overwritten too many times. Sort of the opposite of endurance cards.

Or maybe they are the most faked ?

With the older Sandisk they used an usual file system which actually worked better than usual except with write-intensive video cams. Their newer cards seem to have eliminated that issue but there are a lot of the older cards out there so one must specify which kind is being spoken of.

Phil

Thanks for all the commnets. I have tried a few cards, but they are all ones I have had for a time, so I can't speak for the authenticity.
I am considering going to Halfords and buying the Nextbase branded SD card, do you think that would be the best way to determine card or cam as the issue?

OK I have bought a Netxbase SD card from Halfords, and still doesn't work.

Do Next base support do any replacements?

Wouldn’t buy a nextbase sd card, I’ve been using the Samsung evo sd cards for ages now & have not encountered no problems

I’ve been using the Samsung evo sd cards for ages now & have not encountered no problems
FWIW I have just has a Samsung Evo Plus 128Gb fail in my BlackVue 750. (Cam rebooting intermittently)

Can't remember exactly, but probably less then 6 months. Can't remember where I bought it from either. Water under the bridge and all that.

Back