NEXTBASE 202 LITE

justin palmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm new to this forum and I'm ok at doing electrical things but I'm not an expert or anything and I'd like some advice on the following:

I have a NEXTBASE 202 LITE and I have a power bank question.

I understand from what I have read this is a frequent question and I apologise if this has previously been answered I think my problem is slightly different.

I need to connect to a power bank but using a power bank that isn't made by Nextbase causes my dash cam a problem.

As standard it uses a cigarette lighter socket type connector or a hardwire kit straight to the fusebox.
Using a power bank with a USB power output makes my dash cam think it's connected to a computer and it automatically comes up with the option to connect to the pc and will not stop displaying that or record as it would if it was just getting power.

the manufactures power bank is x 6000mAh.

I need mine to record for 9 hours its 1.5 amps at 5volts. The power cord and connection that connects to the accessory socket/cigarette lighter converts it from 12v to 5v

• Can someone tell me approximately how long the manufactures power bank will run my dash cam?
  • If the Nextbase power bank is not capable of delivering charge for 9 hours what size powerbank mAh will I need?
  • Can someone suggest a way of overcoming the issue of my dash cam not being able to connect to a usb without my dash cam thinking its connected to a pc instead of a power bank.

I hope this makes sense I only need an approximation please, your help would be very much appreciated.

I am not sure how relevant my current set up is but its : Live straight from battery including a 2 amp fuse as close as possible to the battery, Ground to Vehicle earth point. Power is taken from an ignition only power source via a dedicated relay to a accessory socket which my dashcam is plugged into the bit that plugs into the charging socket has an in built 2 amp fuse as well which is part of its designed construction.

Thanks

Justin

Back