Nextbase 212 parking mode and battery issues.

Bricksmasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Mobius
Hi thereso I've recently replaced my dash cams with Nextbase 212's front and rear. As Id had someone hit into my car , and 2 more incidents since
One of those my camers didn't catch as the battery had died, while on parking mode and g sensors mode

So basically, my dash cams are hardwired into my car with the Nextbase hardwiring kit and are piggy backing off the windscreen wiper fuse as that's how I had my old mobious ones installed.

I want my dash cams to be able to record on impact only as 3 incidents my car's been hit have been when it's parked up and unattended, problem is the battery always seems to die even when they've been charged and are charging while recording

Is this a simple case of changing the piggy back fuse to an always live one or will that drain my car battery?

Thanks!

I believe, but am not 100% sure that the hardwire kit has an automatic switch off when the car's battery drops below a certain voltage. I have one spare, so I'll have to test it t see if that is the case.
I believe that a problem with the Nextbase parking mode is that it doesn't actually 'catch' the bump, only what has happened immediately after the G sensor has been triggered. Again, I could be wrong on that one.

Hi, thanks that's very kind of you.

I see, that's fine to be honest I really just want to see who's hitting into my car as I know one time it was a neighbour or friend of s neighbour and sometimes I think it's in my work car park, but without seeing who's done anything I can't really make a fuss

Thanks very much .

Mark

Just checked my hardwire kit. It stops charging the cam when the voltage drops to 10.9V. A bit lower that I would have liked, but it won't completely flatten your battery.

Hi thanks very much for checking

Just a quick question
From memory the Nextbase 212 records while ignition is on, so assuming I hardwired into a different permanently live fuse then I assume it would continue to record all the time unless I'm manually stopping it? I'll have s look through the features but not sure it has a mode to only record on impact if it's always on?

If you wire for 24x7 recording then be ready to have to replace the SDcard every few months as they do wear out. There are probably other downsides as well.

From memory the Nextbase 212 records while ignition is on, so assuming I hardwired into a different permanently live fuse then I assume it would continue to record all the time unless I'm manually stopping it? I'll have s look through the features but not sure it has a mode to only record on impact if it's always on?
I think that's what Parking Mode does, but not sure.
@Tiffany

Thanks for the replies

Have just hardwired then in using permanentlyy live fuses,

After playing around it seems that have recording for 5 mins or so while ignition is off they do then go onto standby mode until there is an impact, which is just what I wanted. The 30 minutes internal battery just doesn't seem good enough otherwise on these particular dash cams so happy to have them hardwired in to the permanent fuse.

Thanks once again

Mark

Back