Nextbase 212 SD card issue

Aligorbutt1991

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife has 2 Nextbase dash cams for her job, I have installed them into her car; one at the front and one at the back. They are both running to the rear cigarette lighter which has one usb charger with two usb ports in it. Every time my wife turns her car on the dash cams work for all of about 10 seconds and then both of them flash the same message "insert SD card". I have used the SD cards recommended by Nextbase themselves and reformatted them in the cameras as well however it is still happening. When I first installed them, they worked perfectly well for about a week and then all of a sudden went faulty. Can you help me understand if this is something I have done wrong or if I need to update the firmware on the cameras.

My wife has 2 Nextbase dash cams for her job, I have installed them into her car; one at the front and one at the back. They are both running to the rear cigarette lighter which has one usb charger with two usb ports in it. Every time my wife turns her car on the dash cams work for all of about 10 seconds and then both of them flash the same message "insert SD card". I have used the SD cards recommended by Nextbase themselves and reformatted them in the cameras as well however it is still happening. When I first installed them, they worked perfectly well for about a week and then all of a sudden went faulty. Can you help me understand if this is something I have done wrong or if I need to update the firmware on the cameras.
Get a Samsung EVO card. They're one of the best brands to use. The card is probably corrupted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Get a Samsung EVO card. They're one of the best brands to use. The card is probably corrupted.

Thank you for the advise, you're the first person to actually give me a straight answer!!!

Amazon have the Class 10, or the Grade 1 Class 10. Any suggestions on which is the better of the two?

The cards are cheap enough and will wok just fine. Been using one for over a year now. No problems. The Samsung EVO cards are class 10 so you're good.

Samsung Evo , Evo +...

View attachment 39266
Hi,

So the warranty is on the SD card and if used in a Dash Cam it voids that warranty? If so i'm not too worried about that, i just need something that actually works for her as she is a driving instructor and needs the cameras working
That's exactly what's being stated. As I've said the cards work great and are cheap. I've been using one for over a year with no issues.

That's exactly what's being stated. As I've said the cards work great and are cheap. I've been using one for over a year with no issues.

Fair enough, that's enough for me anyway. Thanks for the advise

High Endurance cards is the correct application , warranty correct , Samsung , SanDisk etc , more overwrites and more reliable as MLC Nand .

Back