Nextbase IQ

Hi CPO, I contacted Nextbase and got the response below. I’m going to try it before I tidy all the wires. It doesn’t mention anywhere about going into park mode due to no moment anywhere in the material I can find, so worth a shot.
Interesting... so it does seem they are trying to use motion/accelerometer sensing in parking mode determination. I think if they can 1) refine that a bit and 2) make people aware of it, then they will be heading in a better direction. Post back if it works for you. They really need to do it the other way, that if it's in motion it triggers driving mode.

Completely agree. I did ask that later in the thread, not relying on voltage for “drive mode”. I’d hope if the developers are now looking at g sensors and GPS they’ll implement this on future firmware.

Interesting... so it does seem they are trying to use motion/accelerometer sensing in parking mode determination. I think if they can 1) refine that a bit and 2) make people aware of it, then they will be heading in a better direction. Post back if it works for you. They really need to do it the other way, that if it's in motion it triggers driving mode.
So far so good. There are a couple of false parking alerts when setting off, but not the constant notifications that was happening before. It does revert to the parking mode between 3-5 mins from my limited experience so far. It’s almost instantaneous when switching from park to drive mode. I’ll keep an eye on it, but seems to work for me so far. I mainly got the camera as a deterrent when parked, so I don’t mind it being conspicuous as such, that might be an issue for some though understandably.

Reactions: cpo
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cpo IQ 12
D IQ 36
Back