Nextbase Logo

Power14

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a 512GW. Just wondering if the next firmware update will have the option to remove the Nextbase Logo on the saved files.

They have no plans. They did a custom version of the firmware a while back without it, but they don't maintain it with future update s

Thanks for the info. Looks like, I will have to work some magic using a video program to remove the logo.

I have been playing around with a video editing program, and luckily the logo is at the top left hand side, so I have got rid of it for my saved files.

I have been playing around with a video editing program, and luckily the logo is at the top left hand side, so I have got rid of it for my saved files.
Send me a link to the exact Firmware loaded and will have a look. Perfect use of a MOD = eliminate watermark logos.

Here's the link the for the firmware I am using : 512GW Firmware.
Thanks for your time, and for looking into to how to remove the watermark.

Last edited:
Here's the link the for the firmware I am using : 512GW Firmware.
Thanks for your time, and for looking into to how to remove the watermark.
Can you provide link to short video clip showing watermark?

Can't remove the logo? Wow, that is not good.

Not too sure why any company should force their logo onto your images - it sounds a cheap way to get a free advert.

I can't image Humax or Samsung getting away with recording their logo over the top of anything you downloaded and stored from a broadcast using their equipment - so why are dash cam companies any different?

Also depend, Street Guardian also have a option for their logo ON/OFF, and i have it ON cuz really its thats small and in the bottom corner where nothing of interest go on anyway.
DCPE1.jpg

Maybe if it was forced upon me i would react / feel different, all my life i have had severe problems with things forced upon me in any way.
Give me the option to choose to try anything new, and i will probably try it, but force me and i will most likely never do it.
Also why when i get pulled over by the cops i get out of my car, cuz even if the cop are outside i dont like him or anyone else tower over me like that.

Last edited:
Can't remove the logo? Wow, that is not good.

Not too sure why any company should force their logo onto your images - it sounds a cheap way to get a free advert.

I can't image Humax or Samsung getting away with recording their logo over the top of anything you downloaded and stored from a broadcast using their equipment - so why are dash cam companies any different?
I now have enough information to locate and disable the tiny watermark logo. Currently working on bigger firmware project but all most certain this is very minor code adjustment near a place in data tables i've already worked in.

To remove the small NextBase watermark it would help to see a screenshot of a single video frame showing exact location and size. Using the StreetGuardian logo as template next step is to replace all NextBase Logos which are easier to identify.
My target is NextBase 512GWA Dashcam. In the firmware there are two large Logos with blue background presumably the startup and shutdown screens. I've now replaced both with my own surprise, this will aid in locating any remaining Logo data within partition#0. I doubt this simple Logo replacement will remove the tiny watermark logo but stranger things happen.

Now require someone to load and update their 512GWA Dashcam with my modified firmware. There should be zero risk, but if it fails, simply disconnect power and remove memory card, delete my MOD binary, copy official firmware to card and update once again, process usually takes 1-2 minutes.
All my MODs are given unique names to separate them from official. When you copy this MOD file to memory card you must RENAME the file to the expected name of FW512GWA.bin or nothing will happen when powered on to update.
The Modified Firmware binary file needed to proceed is named :
FW512GWA_rename_Logo-MOD.bin
Download https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GNM2oKpgHEjFK1KsBIlhZY50aNbns3Xa

See attached a single frame of the Nextbase Logo location.

Attachments

• NextBaseLogo.jpg
    NextBaseLogo.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 32
They have no plans. They did a custom version of the firmware a while back without it, but they don't maintain it with future update s
interesting, do you have link to this non-logo watermark old firmware?

Detailed Firmware comparison of both large NextBase Logos using Data Visualizer reveals first (startup) logo saved as 3-strip linear data table, the second (shutdown?) logo is slightly larger in length shown by next 3-strip table. If lucky the 2nd logo contains the watermark data and has now been removed. Or small watermark graphic is saved elsewhere requiring null data replacement.

NextBase-512GWA-Logo-Data-structures.png

Or my lazy method, just crop the logo out of view

Detailed Firmware comparison of both large NextBase Logos using Data Visualizer reveals first (startup) logo saved as 3-strip linear data table, the second (shutdown?) logo is slightly larger in length shown by next 3-strip table. If lucky the 2nd logo contains the watermark data and has now been removed. Or small watermark graphic is saved elsewhere requiring null data replacement.

I'm no firmware hacker but previously they released a non logo firmware for one of the older versions, I'd probably look at what the differences are between the logo and non logo versions of that same firmware version for clues on where they save that logo detail in the firmware

I'm no firmware hacker but previously they released a non logo firmware for one of the older versions, I'd probably look at what the differences are between the logo and non logo versions of that same firmware version for clues on where they save that logo detail in the firmware
I'm no dash cam manufacturer but when a company locks down their firmware with no public access without an account, I should probably hack firmware from similar Novatek products using Branding Stamp watermark logo. Great idea, will open up Street Guardian and see how logos are handled there for ideas here. Creates additional Modified Firmware for owners of other popular Dash Cam Brands.

The main Street Guardian start/welcome logo 320x240 file size 22.1KB is standard JPEG created on 2014:05:09 15:08:55 using ACDSee photo editor with 300dpi 24bit color added to Firmware at offset 0x0018A040 doesn't look to contain the smaller Brand Stamp logo, easy to replace main logo to find out. Anyone volunteering to load an SG Logo-MOD? The Branding Stamp logo probably not in same location, could be JPG, JPEG or possibly included with BMP icons. Once found easily removed by zeroing out data values in firmware, once confirmed its gone in SG can apply exactly the same procedure for all NextBase Dash Cam models and any other Brands that force video logo branding.

I don't really want anyone loading modified firmware on our products, was trying to offer some thoughts on how to find where the logo is on the firmware you were looking at as they had a logo and non logo version of the same firmware, we allow users to toggle the logo on and off via a menu option whereas they just hard code it in, that may be handled differently

Back