No "Flash Command" in ACE viewer?

DJF3

Reaction score
Hi,

Just installed the latest Lukas ACE Viewer both on Windows and Mac.
Neither have the option "Flash Command" in the settings menu,
with or without SD card inserted.

Any idea how to 'enable' this?

LK-7900, 32GB flash, ACE viewer 1.8.6

I dont have a flash option in my viewer for my 7500, but i do have the SD card format.

@DJF3 I dont see a viewer version 1.8.6.0 only 1.8.4.0 where did you download from or did you make a typing error Ipol

Screen_Shot_2014_06_13_at_14_32_06.png

1.8.6 MAC and 1.8.4 WIN ;-)
Downloaded here

Screen_Shot_2014_06_13_at_14_53_05.png

The MAC version of the Lukas Viewer 1.8.6 says LK-7900 FHD ARA at the top even though the download 'just' says LK-7900.
Don't know if this is a problem with the (older) LK-7900 ACE.

I also found 2 different manual versions:
- one is for version 1.1.0 without "flash command" menu
- one is for version 1.7.0 with "flash command" menu

Screen_Shot_2014_06_13_at_14_38_24.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014_06_13_at_14_39_07.jpg

Without this 'flash command' menu there appears to be no way to log the GPS coordinates so you can export them using the Lukas Viewer.
The "information" tab in my Lukas Viewer settings is always empty,
but when playing a video I do see the correct location showing on the MAP under the information tab!

DJ

@ DJF3 the viewers I saw for the lk7900 ace both said 1.8.4.0 for windows and mac the lk7900 ARA is designed for use with the OBD2 module It sounds as though you have downloaded the wrong viewer. I have both the 1.8.4.0 lukas ace viewer and the 1.1.9.0 viewer in anticipation of the lk9700 duo dashcam The 1.1.9.0 viewer plays the lukas ace video but not the map information GPS coordinates either ........It may be because of the Mac installation...I only have windows 7 here Try to download the viewer again if the problem persists send an Email to Lukas regarding the malfunction.....Sorry that I am not able to be of more help. Maybe one of the other forum members can show some light on the problem.....Ipol Update just checked and yes very confusing in small it says 1.8.6 and in bold when you scroll down the page it says 1.8.4.0 Try the Email route when I had viewer problems in the past Lukas sent me a direct link via a Email reply

Last edited:
Just got official confirmation.

The "Flash command" was removed in later firmware versions (not needed anymore)
GPS data is stored in the DrvInfo folder on the SD card.
In the Lukas Viewer,
- go to the settings,
- click the information tab (which most likely is empty)
- click "Open"
- select the DrvInfo folder on your SD card.
Now you should see the GPS data that you can export to a CSV file.

So the change from before appears to be that you have to manually open the DrvInfo folder to see the GPS data in the settings/information menu.
The latest manual is this one: http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_setupmanual&wr_id=8

Cheers
DJ

@ DJF3 many thanks for the research I am sure the Lukas users amongst us appreciate your time and effort in getting and posting the relevant information......Ipol

Back