No GPS Data using dashcam software

Pav99

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Mini 0801
Hi all

I got a new A119 to replace my Mini 0801 which now often refuses to switch on in the cold weather.

The main niggle I have is that the only GPS data output is printed directly on the video. When I have tried several Dashcam viewers there is no GPS Data output to show the route and speed (other than the coordinates printed on the video) which is somewhat surprising.

I think it is misleading to sell a dashcam that doesn't output this basic information in a form accessible to the major dashcam software viewers.

Are there any Dashcam viewers that this dashcam is compatible with?
Will this feature be available in future firmware updates?
Why do none of the reviewers who have recommended this dashcam point out this crippled GPS function.

Not impressed so far

Doesn't Dashcam Viewer show the embedded GPS?

Personally I don't think it's misleading at all. Dashcams are not sold on the basis that they have compatible viewers to show off the GPS positioning in map viewing software.

Doesn't Dashcam Viewer show the embedded GPS?

Personally I don't think it's misleading at all. Dashcams are not sold on the basis that they have compatible viewers to show off the GPS positioning in map viewing software.

No - Dashcam Viewer does not show the embedded GPS . Several other Dashcam software packages also don't show the embedded GPS from this cam. I only asked if anyone knew of any software that does!

And IMHO a dashcam sold with GPS Logging does need some way of showing (off or otherwise) the GPS data other than unresolved coordinates printed directly on the video. Whether that be by included software or by compatibility with available software packages I don't care. I do need to be able to see where and how fast my car has been driven by others and that's why I need a dashcam with GPS Logging.

No - Dashcam Viewer does not show the embedded GPS . Several other Dashcam software packages also don't show the embedded GPS from this cam. I only asked if anyone knew of any software that does!

And IMHO a dashcam sold with GPS Logging does need some way of showing (off or otherwise) the GPS data other than unresolved coordinates printed directly on the video. Whether that be by included software or by compatibility with available software packages I don't care. I do need to be able to see where and how fast my car has been driven by others and that's why I need a dashcam with GPS Logging.
Dashcam Viewer is the only player I'm aware of that is compatible with the GPS data from the A119. Make sure you have the latest version and that the A119 is also running the latest firmware. I believe there have been some issues with certain versions, making the 2 not compatible at times. That said, there are some (myself included) who haven't been able to use DashCam Viewer at all with the A119 set to 1440p. Just won't work at all.

Dashcam Viewer works fine, also Registrator Viewer works if you extract .gpx file from the video produced by A119.
I own the dashcam and I am totally satisfied for the price I paid it for.

Dashcam Viewer works fine, also Registrator Viewer works if you extract .gpx file from the video produced by A119.
I own the dashcam and I am totally satisfied for the price I paid it for.

Have heard of this before. Do you have any links on how to do this, I know Dashcam Viewer works with GPS but not in Windows 7 so I finally go Registrator Viewer working now having installed k-lite codecs, but I'd also like to get the GPS displayed.

The movie and the extracted data must have same name, except for the extension obviously, and must be in the same folder.
Novatrakt per default saves the files in a "GPS" folder, you should move them in the same folder where the videos are.

Thanks dude, there must be something wrong with the first file I extracted from but it works perfectly now.

Welcome! :)
I had my rough start too, but once every piece fallen in place I am so happy of my A119!

The movie and the extracted data must have same name, except for the extension obviously, and must be in the same folder.
Novatrakt per default saves the files in a "GPS" folder, you should move them in the same folder where the videos are.

RV will read both from the same location as the video, or in a GPS folder. There is also an option in RV to manually link the two if it isn't automatically detected.

Reactions: Mtz
Back