No live video on new camera.

If you haven't already, it's recommended to point the dashcam so the horizon is in the top quarter of the view. Then you get the best brightness exposure for the part of the picture you want - the licence plates and cars - instead of brightness exposing for the sky and losing detail in the rest.
For the VS1, I would suggest setting the camera so that it is perfectly vertical, with the lens pointing perfectly horizontal.
You don't really need a live view to do that, just look at the camera!

Yes. The firmware update has been done. I guess as long as I can set the camera up with my iPad or old iPhone do I really need my phone to be able to see the live screen? I can access saved video and photos on my new phone. It's just frustrating that I can't figure this out. Thanks for the suggestions.
I have a feeling this might be fixed with the next version of the smartphone APP.
So I guess hurry up, and wait. lol

This issue is fixed, the new app version will be available in 2 days.

Just an fyi
The vs1 and the A229 Pro both work with 4G enabled on my iphone8.
I have all the latest public app and firmware installed on both.

Is the problem only related to the iPhone 14?

@jwkeh
New APP Version 4.2.2 now available;
Can you let us know if this fixed your issue?

I've just had this apparent problem when changing the default WiFi SSIDs and passwords on my two VS1s.

Each time I changed a parameter the live view did not appear, just a black screen even though I was connected to the camera's WiFi.

When I force stopped and restarted the app, and reconnected to the cameras after all the changes, the live screen was as normal again.

I've just had this apparent problem when changing the default WiFi SSIDs and passwords on my two VS1s.

Each time I changed a parameter the live view did not appear, just a black screen even though I was connected to the camera's WiFi.

When I force stopped and restarted the app, and reconnected to the cameras after all the changes, the live screen was as normal again.
I've found some changes that are made requires the app and the Dashcam to be restarted to be sure it takes.

The app doesn't hand shake in real time.
Meaning when a change is made the app and the Dashcam don't send confirmations to each other that the settings worked.
I think it is referred to as Asynchronous communication or unacknowledged transmission.
At least this was the case with ver4.2 and earlier.

I've found some changes that are made requires the app and the Dashcam to be restarted to be sure it takes.

The app doesn't hand shake in real time.
Meaning when a change is made the app and the Dashcam don't send confirmations to each other that the settings worked.
I think it is referred to as Asynchronous communication or unacknowledged transmission.
At least this was the case with ver4.2 and earlier.

Thanks, that's what I guessed, good to have that confirmed. (y)

Back