No maps showing my position?

doubleudee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
412GW
Hi All
Newbie to this forum, sent e-mail to NextBase about this problem and awaiting reply.
The videos captured show all the info on the bottom of the screen whilst being run through 'Replay 3', but there are no maps showing my position even though all co-ordinates display on the bottom of the screen, and change as I'm driving along.
Anyone else have this problem? if so, how do I get around it? I have latest firmware loaded (checked on their site), bit annoying that I can't see this as well.
Cheers
WD

I didn't reply because he said he had the latest firmware, plus he has the Geo stuff. :confused:

It has all the symptoms of not the latest firmware, waiting for @doubleudee to confirm what the figure is on the camera. Here's his screenshot.

1525959814519.png

Attachments

• 1525959753845.png
    1525959753845.png
    508.2 KB · Views: 1
Ah, he doesn't have the Geo stuff after all so a known issue with older firmware.

I remember me posting a suggestion to replace "NBDVR412GW" with something like 'Nextbase 412GW Rev 9.5'

That would help diagnosis.

After all, we all know thar a NB412GR is a DVR without a reminder. Or is there a non DVR NB412GR?:p

Yes, that's one with a flat battery :cool:

I have upgraded both front and rear cameras to the R12.4 version, will post again once I have some video to see.

Thanks

Unfortunately still not showing maps, also the cameras don't switch off (screen doesn't go blank after 1 min which is what I set it to in the setup menu)
Firmware version 12.4 on both?

Attachments

• 1 Taken from Cam 1 - NB412GW after updating softwre to R12.4.JPG
    1 Taken from Cam 1 - NB412GW after updating softwre to R12.4.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 2 Taken from Cam 2 - NB412GW after updating softwre to R12.4.JPG
    2 Taken from Cam 2 - NB412GW after updating softwre to R12.4.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 2
Anyone know where I can get an older firmware version that will at least blank the screens after the set time in menu as it's distracting on the rear camera.
Thanks

What you may have to do is uninstall, run CCleaner, and reinstall Replay. I think there is a bug in Replay where it turns off the map and sensors never to return.

In Replay there is an option to turn them both off when you 'Edit' a file. This seems to be triggered for normal viewing somehow and once disabled that's that.

I did some testing with my 412 files and by uninstall/reinstall and cleaning out both my file system and registry of anything Nextbase related I could briefly get the 412 (Rev 9.5) to show the map and sensors but it would then randomly turn them off.

Regarding the screen saver, there is a setting for the number of seconds before it turns the screen off.

Have Nextbase not fixed that yet K?:eek:

@doubleudee that is something different happening now - please press the setting button and change the maps to Open Layers, do they appear?

I have two options in my Replay 3 for changing maps.
1 = Google Maps.
2 = OpenStreet maps

Neither option displays the maps.

@doubleudee that is something different happening now - please press the setting button and change the maps to Open Layers, do they appear?

I have two options in my Replay 3 for changing maps.
1 = Google Maps.
2 = OpenStreet maps

Neither option displays the maps.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 4
Strange! Can you send me the file please?

It will be too large to send through an email so please use the service that www.wetransfer.com offer, you can send up to 2Gb to us free of charge.

Use our support@nextbase.co.uk as the recipient and please write in the message box to allow us to understand why you are sending the file in.

That is strange, Geo is there but no maps.

However, I have heard of some PC setups that won't display Google maps. Must see if I can find it .....

.... Is Chrome your default browser ?

@doubleudee does Replay have access to the internet?

Do you have a firewall/defender active? If so deactivate it for a minute, does the map appear?

Let me know if you find it @Kremmen (y)thank you.

Back