No power to unit SC9667DC2K

cn86

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian SG9667DC2K with GPS
Hello,

I've been using this dashcam for about a year with no issues, and then recently I started experiencing random freezing. The whole unit would lock up but looking at the SD card it would appear like it was still recording silently in the background.
I put this down to a bad SD card, so I replaced the Sandisk High Endurance 128GB v30 SD card with the Samsung PRO Endurance MicroSDXC 256 GB SD card and this seemed to fix that issue.

Moving on from that, just three days ago (about a week using the new card) I noticed the unit being unresponsive again. I have my phone charger plugged into the power cable's onboard USB slot, and it is providing power to my phone charger.
I unplugged the charger, GPS unit, rear camera and removed the SD card and tried to power-cycle the unit but there's nothing. Draw on the alternator doesn't change when I try to do this.
Using the SG power cable to connect a USB device, the draw does go down (so the power cable is not the issue).

I pulled the unit out of the car and brought it inside, and tried to power it on using a 5v USB mains outlet and it's still dead.

Did it get fried somehow? My previous dashcam sat in the Arizona heat before and our weather in Sacramento has been very mild lately. Not sure why it would just brick all of a sudden.

Speaking of being bricked, since I can't power cycle the unit, flashing the firmware is not an option for me. :(

Thank you Jon. I will pack it up and ship it out to you when I can. I did try single camera mode and no joy. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it. Thanks for quickly replying to my support ticket and following up over here.

Back