No soundtrack on Registrator Viewer, but ok on CarGpsPlayer

Bearsie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Has anyone else had a similar problem to mine?

My Mini 0803 records sound - engine/radio/talking etc and when I remove the SD card and fit it into a mount and play it back using Registrator Viewer, the video is there, the GPS data is shown on Google maps, speedo works etc etc but no sound track.

When I close Registrator Viewer and launch CarGpsPlayer, and play exactly the same files, video is there, the GPS data works the same as on RV and I get the sound track playing back through my laoptop.

I'm running Windows 7 and IE10.

I prefer the RV to CarGpsPlayer, but it would be nice to not have to watch a silent movie.

Thanks - B

Do you have any codec packs installed if so which ones? Are you using the latest version of registrator reviewer?

Hi
Version is 5.8.0.2 - I downloaded it at the weekend.

Regarding codecs, not really sure where to look, went to control panel>sounds and it shows "Speakers and Headphones - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Default Device" and "Independent Headphones - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Default Device"

and from Control Panel>Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers, it shows IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI.

PS - I forgot to say that I have the same problem whether I am using a cheap "no-name" 32gb Class 10 SD card or if I'm using a new genuine Sandisk 32gb Class 10 SD card.
Bearsie.

Hi Jokin
I'm not smart enough to understand codecs - I know what the acronym means, but don't understand why one program would playback with sound and onother not. Are you suggesting that I have to add some codecs from somewhere to all Registrator Viewer to playback with sound?

My OS is Windows 7 x64 home premium; details of the codecs that I found on the machine are shown in my reply to Roadcam and the RV version is 5.8.0.2

Thanks - B

A standard Win7 install has the required codecs for playback, most often when it doesn't work it's because some other software player has added its own audio codec

You can download the K-Lite codec pack and install, this usually sorts out any codec related problems

Hi Jokin
Thanks for your guidance - I googled K-Lite and found it available on a lot of sites but thought I'd look at CNET's site first for reviews, many of the first 10 reviews are awful, many saying that K-Lite hijacks the browser, and installs a virus and malware and that uninstalling it and some of it's components is difficult.

http://download.cnet.com/K-Lite-Codec-Pack-Full/3000-13632_4-64246.html

Do you know if there is a specific codec that I should have for Registrator Viewer so that I can download just that one?
Thanks

You can do the basic install of K-Lite, it's just codecs and playback stuff, there's no spyware or malware etc, get it from their site though, there's a link from the Registrator Viewer site

Hi Jokin
I started the download of K-lite (normal mode) but then cancelled partway through - there are just too many options that I don't understand what they do, or worse what they might do to other programs on my laptop. Some of the reviews (on the CNET site) refer to files that worked before K-lite no longer work after it.

I did email Vadim at Datakam/Registrator Viewer the other day asking if he knew why there is no sound, but he hasn't replied to me.

If I knew which specific codec is required for audio playback with RV then I would just load that.

I guess I'll survive without sound.

Back