Non-obtrusive mount, old car

Outhere

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Greetings,
New to dashcams, but sometimes drive through an area known for not-so-accidental accidents.
I've noticed the preferred mount is high up on the windshield, and that a lot of folks are able to wire it into the rerarview mirror -- not something I can do with my older car. I'm not particularly thrilled about the idea of a wire hanging down from the windshield either.
Suctioning the cam to the dash seems less stable. I imagine hard-wiring would be costly.
Any ideas on discreetly mounting a cam, given the limitations? Or, any suggestions on a cam that will mount easily? I've been looking closest at the B40/A118 or the Mobius. If one somehow presents a better mounting solution, that might tip the scales. Thanks!

Thanks, appreciate the help. Jokiin, if I mount the cable as pictured on your illustration, do you have any suggestions on keeping the cable in place? I see some references to 3M adhesive in different posts -- is that best?

if you have a closer look you'll usually find there is a gap right around where you want to run the cables between the trims and the car body, windscreen etc and you can tuck the wires in so that they're not seen, once you check the car you'll see what I mean

Back