Noob... questions

PokerMunkee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking at either G1WH or G1W. Leaning towards G1WH. I can't find any night videos. Is it acceptable? 32GB SDCARD the largest I can use? Is this sufficient?

How do you hard wire this guy? I currently have my radar detector hard wired via a Add-A-Fuse in my fuse box. Could I tap into this wire that is already up in my headliner? The fuse I'm tapped into is off when car is off. I assume this would make the dash cam not working in park mode? What cable do you use for hard wires? I don't want to ruin the car charger.

This records audio as well, right?

Thanks!

Looking at either G1WH or G1W. Leaning towards G1WH. I can't find any night videos. Is it acceptable?
Both cameras should be the same internally. To my knowlage the only difference is the larger field of view with the H and a slightly different case design.
32GB SDCARD the largest I can use? Is this sufficient?
32GB is the largest officially supported how ever a user here as had success formatting a 64GB card using a PC format program and it worked how ever formatting the card in the camera might cause issues. 32GB should be more then enough unless you go on long trips often or are a truck driver and need to archive a lot of footage.
This records audio as well, right?
Yes with a menu setting to turn it off and on.

Also be aware that these G1Ws at least the Non H models can be a little picky about what kind of memory card is used. Sandisk cards seem to cause issues. It is recommended to use a Transcend brand micro SD card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S G1WX 2
S G1WX 15
L G1WX 2
fox G1WX 8
N G1WX 61
Back