Not enough space! error

wumpyr99

Reaction score
Country
Australia
With 1.01.02 firmware, I was recently testing FAT32 (formatted with guiformat) instead of exFAT on a 128GB Lexar card on the rear camera as suggested in another thread to see if it was more reliable or not and/or corrupted the file system or just worked. I'd been running exFAT on the same card for a few months and it was working fine and never needed to touch/intervene or reformat.

With FAT32 the camera stopped working displaying "Not enough space!" and just sitting there. It was a couple of days before I noticed it because the camera doesn't beep on error (please add this feature request!).

The RC corrupted the FAT32 file system, repairable with chkdsk. I've attached a few screenshots. I've reformatted it in the camera back to exFAT and so far no problems again.

@jokiin Is this a known issue or fixed in master/trunk or is this new?

Thanks

Attachments

• rear-camera-not-enough-space-disk-properties.jpg
    rear-camera-not-enough-space-disk-properties.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11
  • rear-camera-not-enough-space-event-folder.jpg
    rear-camera-not-enough-space-event-folder.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 11
  • rear-camera-not-enough-space-video-folder.jpg
    rear-camera-not-enough-space-video-folder.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 12
  • rear-camera-not-enough-space-chkdsk-fix.jpg
    rear-camera-not-enough-space-chkdsk-fix.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 13
haven't had many people run large cards FAT32 in these to know if it's an issue or not, something the engineers are still looking at also

I am experiencing the same error using a 32GB card. The card has been formatted in the camera.

The camera is set to not use the gsensor nor motion detection. It is recording at all times.

After format it works fine for a while, then starts showing the "Not enough space" error. It should be overwriting old files.

This camera is less than a year old and was purchased because it had a reputation of reliability. It is letting me down right now.

Is there a fix?

I am experiencing the same error using a 32GB card. The card has been formatted in the camera.

The camera is set to not use the gsensor nor motion detection. It is recording at all times.

After format it works fine for a while, then starts showing the "Not enough space" error. It should be overwriting old files.

This camera is less than a year old and was purchased because it had a reputation of reliability. It is letting me down right now.

Is there a fix?

most likely a card problem, how old is it, how many hours per day on average does it get used?

The card is about 3 years old, on average 1 hour of recording per day. Let's call it 1000-1500 hours over the 3 years.

would definitely start by replacing the card, they're a consumable and prone to errors at the best of times

The card is about 3 years old, on average 1 hour of recording per day. Let's call it 1000-1500 hours over the 3 years.
Always a good idea to have some spare cards handy ...

image.jpeg

Transcend 400x, Lexar 633x, Transcend High Endurance, main thing is make sure you're buying genuine cards, a lot of low quality fakes out there

I've been running a Transcend High Endurance for two weeks now, so far so good. Will update if things change.

This is happening again. I purchased this Transcend High Endurance card: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B01BDKTQY6 and it was working fine for a couple of weeks but is showing the same error.

What are the next steps to get this addressed?

This is happening again. I purchased this Transcend High Endurance card: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B01BDKTQY6 and it was working fine for a couple of weeks but is showing the same error.

What are the next steps to get this addressed?

first report of this card showing problems, is it the 32gb card you have?

was it formatted in the camera?

It is the 32GB card that I purchased. The seller was Amazon itself so I am confident that it is not counterfeit.

The card was formatted in the camera, that is correct.

It is the 32GB card that I purchased. The seller was Amazon itself so I am confident that it is not counterfeit.

The card was formatted in the camera, that is correct.

is the error 'not enough space' or something else?

what firmware version is your camera using?

The error I am seeing is "Not enough space!" centered on the screen.

I am running firmware 1.01.04 2016-03-23 17:30.

Motion detection is turned off. This is wired to accessory (key-on) power.

Back