Onn Dash Cam randomly turning lock on (and not turning off)

kyuuichan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently bought a cheap Onn Dash Cam from Walmart. Occasionally, the dash cam will start locking all videos. If I don't notice it, it will fill up the SD card and won't save anything. I don't know what's setting it off. If it was just one video, I'd understand, but something will cause it to lock a video and then it will lock every single recording after until I notice and stop it. I'm not certain what's setting it off either.

Today it started locking videos, starting with me scrapping ice off the car after turning the car on to warm it up. There's no video before it to suggest someone or something hit the car to set it off and make it start locking videos.

It has done this with the g sensor sensitivity turned completely off and with it turned to medium.

Anyone have this issue before?

I recently bought a cheap Onn Dash Cam from Walmart.
I started out on the same Walmart junk in 2018.
Eventually I found Viofo in 2020.
Do yourself a favor, and start shopping for a @viofo.
Minimum Requirements;
1.) STARVIS 2 Image Sensor
2.) HDR
Black Friday is in 30 days.
Viofo usually has some good deals on, Viofo Brand SD Cards, CPL Filters, etc. on Amazon US.
The last time they had a sale I saw prices like these;
Viofo A139 Pro 1-CH: ($217)
Viofo A119 Mini 2: ($98) with free CPL Filter
I imagine this time a around the A229 Pro 3-CH will have maybe $30 off, and free Viofo Brand SD Card, (but this is just a guess).
Don’t forget to buy an optional $18 hardwire kit if you want to use parking mode, (but you could order that later after you test out the camera during the 30-day Amazon return policy).
-Chuck

@rcg530 Videos

@Vortex Radar Videos

@safedrivesolutions Videos

My videos are junk. Lol

Back