Opening Toguard CE70

john2k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a Toguard CE70. Looks like a nice piece of kit. However I don't like how it looks when its stuck over the mirror so I've purchased a second hand rear view mirror from the breakers for a few bucks and I've used the casing from that to create a nice mount so the Toguard can look like a fixed mirror. However, I just do not like how they have put the connectors right on the edge. So even though the connectors they give are the angled connectors you can still see these wires because the connection is on the edge of the mirror. They really should have created a recess at the back so that the connectors are not visible. I can hide the wires but the connectors are the problem.

So what I'm thinking is to open up the unit and solder a detachable connector that can go from the rear. Does anyone know how you actually open these units up? I don't see any screws anywhere.

Thanks

Welcome to DCT @john2k :)
Never had a hand on that one, but most dashcams snap together like cellphones do. It can be done with a pocketknife and extreme care but best to use "spudge" tools meant for the job to avoid damage. YouTube should have vids on opening the cases. If you're not sure take it to a cellphone repair shop and they can open it for you for the price of a pint at the pub :cool:

Phil

Welcome to DCT @john2k :)
Never had a hand on that one, but most dashcams snap together like cellphones do. It can be done with a pocketknife and extreme care but best to use "spudge" tools meant for the job to avoid damage. YouTube should have vids on opening the cases. If you're not sure take it to a cellphone repair shop and they can open it for you for the price of a pint at the pub :cool:

Phil

Thank you. I will try and attempt it. If all fails then might try taking it to a cellphone repair shop like you suggested.

Back