Ordered a SG9665XS

FordFiesta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V3, SG9665XS
Just thought I'd post to say that I've ordered a SG9665XS from @niko fulfilled by Amazon UK.

I previously bought a SG9665GC for my car which I'm delighted with. I've ordered the SG9665XS for my works van. As I don't own the van I didn't want to buy something as expensive as the GC.

I was considering the G1w, but was put of by the reliability issues with some of them. Was also considering a genuine A118C.

In the end I went for the XS as:
  1. it has a 2 year warranty (some cheaper dash cams have a 90 day warranty). Have confidence with the Street Guardian warranty.
  2. @niko had it on sale at Amazon UK for £99 including delivery and 64GB card.
  3. Street Guardian's has a excellent reputation.

I realise there are higher spec dash cams available in this price range, but went for the XS as I felt the higher spec of other cams would be at the expense of reliability.

I will post back with my experience of the XS.

I have been running a XS for a while now, it have been steady as a rock, only not recording if the plug have come loose in my glove box that turned into a power station with all manner of outlets down there.

Has nothing to do with the SG product, all the other things i have plugged into that 12 V cigarette expansion also come loose once in a while from sliding around in there + the actual extension are not the best type.

The XS are not the same level as the GC with low light performance, but it will keep good track of your work day for sure.

Thanks for trusting again Street Guardian products and our service.

1. @niko had it on sale at Amazon UK for £99 including delivery and 64GB card.

Yeah, you spotted this bargain deal at the right time and was able to grab last 64GB set.
64GB Transcend 400x card alone cost on Amazon FBA at the moment between 33-35GBP ;).
I do have only few 32GB set left at Sale price.

I have been running a XS for a while now, it have been steady as a rock,
That's good to hear.

The XS are not the same level as the GC with low light performance, but it will keep good track of your work day for sure.
I realised that low light performance wouldn't be as good as the GC. I wasn't prepared to pay GC money for a camera for my employers vehicle. I can however justify the expense of a GC for my own car.

Looking forward to receiving the XS.

Thanks for trusting again Street Guardian products and our service.

Yeah, you spotted this bargain deal at the right time and was able to grab last 64GB set.
64GB Transcend 400x card alone cost on Amazon FBA at the moment between 33-35GBP ;).
I do have only few 32GB set left at Sale price.

Hi Niko

Received good service from you when I purchased the GC, that's why I came back to you and Street Guardian.

I was aware of the price of 64GB Transcend 400x on their own. In fact when I was on Amazon UK, I was unable to find one available, direct from Amazon (delivery was going to be at least a month). I could only find them Fulfiled by Amazon from unknown 3rd party sellers. After what I have read on this forum about fake cards, I wouldn't buy from an unknown seller.

I knew this was a good price for an XS.

Street Guardian products can initially look expensive, however when you take into account what's included in the price, they are closer to the competition. IE decent quality Micro SD card and OTG card reader etc.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the XS.

Just to say that I received my XS from @niko (fulfilled by Amazon UK) yesterday (12th June).

It's working fine, I've still to hard wire it properly.

It's a very straight forward camera to work. It's very small. It's very much "plug and play". There aren't many settings. The only setting I've changed is the date and time.

I don't have any night video, but the daytime video looks fine.

I use it in my works van. It's a good camera to have, if you're swapping it between vehicles.

For my own car I prefer my GC. For my works van it's just the thing.

I used mine lately when i was moving my little sisters stuff in a rental IVECO box car, wham bam thank you mam, and it was set up in the rental car.

Off course not a install you would like for every day use, but for a quickie in a rental car it was just fine.

@jokiin , @niko
I'm very pleased with the performance of my SG9665XS.

I've still to hard wire it into my works van, which leads me to a query. My van has a 12 volt battery. The camera is marked as 12 volt. The camera box is marked as 12 volt. However it's advertised as 12 - 24 volt direct input.

My 1st question: Is there something in the supplied power lead plug to convert the voltage to 12 volt (if it's higher)? It looks like a standard accessory plug.

Also: If can source the correct power connector (for the camera), Can I wire the camera directly to the fuse box (using a suitable fuse and fuse tap, also observing the correct polarity of course)? Or is there some sort of voltage regulator in the supplied power lead plug which makes this a bad idea?

My thought is to make a power lead to wire directly into the van (semi permanently) while using the original power lead for use in courtesy or hire vehicles. Not a problem if I can't do this, it was just a thought. Just don't want to damage my new camera by doing something silly.

there's no regulator or anything in the cable, the power supply is in the camera and will accept 12v or 24v input straight in

there's no regulator or anything in the cable, the power supply is in the camera and will accept 12v or 24v input straight in
Brilliant.

Thanks

Back