Overwhelmed with all the options

drhoades

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all.

I want to mount cameras in the front and rear of a BMW M4. I don't care if it is a two channel system or two individual cameras.

Features I would like:

--High image quality - resolution greater than or equal to 1080p and good image quality
--auto starts when car running
--Motion detection recording for parking - prefer pre-buffered
-- reliable - especially in areas where winter can be very cold and summer very warm
--ability to hard wire
--don't care about a screen or no screen but if no screen then a wifi function would be good for on the spot review

Budget: willing to spend up to a couple hundred per camera.

Thanks for your help!

With " Motion detection recording for parking - prefer pre-buffered" you are allmost limited to panorama branded cameras.

Be advised motion detection react to little movement in front of the lens, so it will without a doubt create a lot of "false" event recordings, if i was to use any form of parking guard i would rely on the G-sensor, that one should only trigger if your car is bumped or a huge truck drive close by ( if set very sensetive )

Features I would like:

--High image quality - resolution greater than or equal to 1080p and good image quality
--auto starts when car running
--Motion detection recording for parking - prefer pre-buffered
-- reliable - especially in areas where winter can be very cold and summer very warm
--ability to hard wire
--don't care about a screen or no screen but if no screen then a wifi function would be good for on the spot review

Welcome to DCT. Consider the SGZC12RC.

image.jpg

hehe yeah i should have mentioned those, but i played if safe and said "allmost limited" and hoping for some of the hardcore guys to fill in the blanks. :)

Lukas and blacksys does pre-buffered motion detect, too and they do it very well. I just don't like their picture quality as much as the panoramas, though.

I found my old lukas not that bad, but yes the footage do seem a bit,,,,, Mmmmmm artificial sharpned or somthing.
BUT ! i do feel good that camera is now doing its thing in my little sisters car :)

I do wish Lukas would better them self in this area, but it seen like they have a old entrenched guy calling the shots in that department, 11 Mbit isent much even for chipsets that do good with a lower bitrate.

Back